VIDEO: Time Lapse of ENERGY STAR® Home BuildPosted 11/12/2012
What goes into building a new home? Planning, precision and a well-equipped team. What goes into building an ENERGY STAR® certified home? All of that and more.
Maracay Homes is proud to have built our first eco-efficient ENERGY STAR® certified home in the Chandler homes community of Whispering Heights. Aside from our already high standards for new homes in Arizona, this particular project offers additional features for energy efficiency, health and comfort that require careful implementation from our team of experts along with our partners at SRP.
To be certified as an SRP ENERGY STAR® Home, a home must undergo third-party testing and inspection of everything from the quality of the insulation installed to the refrigerant charge of each air-conditioning unit. The home’s performance level is represented by the HERS Index, a nationally recognized system for measuring home performance. Homes in the ENERGY STAR® program typically receive a rating of 70 or below which means they perform approximately 30 percent better tan a new home built to code minimums. Now what does it look like to make that vision a reality? Well, take a look:
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson