VIDEO: Time Lapse of ENERGY STAR® Home BuildPosted 11/12/2012
What goes into building a new home? Planning, precision and a well-equipped team. What goes into building an ENERGY STAR® certified home? All of that and more.
Maracay Homes is proud to have built our first eco-efficient ENERGY STAR® certified home in the Chandler homes community of Whispering Heights. Aside from our already high standards for new homes in Arizona, this particular project offers additional features for energy efficiency, health and comfort that require careful implementation from our team of experts along with our partners at SRP.
To be certified as an SRP ENERGY STAR® Home, a home must undergo third-party testing and inspection of everything from the quality of the insulation installed to the refrigerant charge of each air-conditioning unit. The home’s performance level is represented by the HERS Index, a nationally recognized system for measuring home performance. Homes in the ENERGY STAR® program typically receive a rating of 70 or below which means they perform approximately 30 percent better tan a new home built to code minimums. Now what does it look like to make that vision a reality? Well, take a look:
- The Top 3 Reasons to Live in a Single-Story Home.
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.
- Gilbert Regional Park is Ready for Fun.
- Neighbors Became Friends at the Avance After Hours Celebration.
- 10 Spooky Things to Do in Gilbert.
- Welcome Home to Life on the Smart Side.
- Fall in Love with Arizona This Season.
- Fall Decorating with a Modern Twist.
- The Meadows: A Vibrant West Valley Community.
- Dig Into Fall with the Gilbert Farmers Market.