Trend Watch: Fall Color ForecastPosted 10/30/2012
According to the experts at Pantone, folks are going to be going for the bold this fall. As designers roll out collections of eye-catching clothing, you too can bring the brightness and warmth of bold tones into your home through paint, furniture and accessories in the season’s most trendy hues.
Classic autumn tones such as golden yellows and burnt rusts find new life this season when used as neutrals paired with pops of bold. Try using a French Roast brown, Honey Gold, Rose Smoke tan or Titanium gray as your basic base wall color. Then, set it off with a bold accent color such as Bright Chartreuse, Pink Flambe or Tangerine Tango (which also happens to be the 2012 Pantone Color of the Year). These pairings add more life than your traditional color combinations, giving an exciting, youthful look to any space.
If you already have traditionally neutral walls that you’re not yet ready to part with, experiment with lively colored furniture instead. The addition of a chartreuse couch or these tangerine leather chairs will add instant flare to your family room. Too much? Try going bold with your accessories. Paintings, pillows, plants – virtually anything can be painted in a Pantone trend setting tone.
Trends tend to come and go so try them on for size with easy and affordable DIY decorating projects. Grab some dollar store bowls, vases or even old books and paint them your favorite fall shade for a touch of style without breaking the bank. We’re always adding great ideas to the Maracay Homes Pinterest page so be sure to follow and share your decorating ideas with us, too!
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.
- Gilbert Regional Park is Ready for Fun.
- Neighbors Became Friends at the Avance After Hours Celebration.
- 10 Spooky Things to Do in Gilbert.
- Welcome Home to Life on the Smart Side.
- Fall in Love with Arizona This Season.
- Fall Decorating with a Modern Twist.
- The Meadows: A Vibrant West Valley Community.
- Dig Into Fall with the Gilbert Farmers Market.
- The Advantages of Model Home Living.