In the Neighborhood: Things to do in OctoberPosted 09/30/2014
[Photo Credit: Arizona State Fair, Facebook.com]
Cooler weather, here we come! October is the month Arizonans anticipate all summer. The mornings and evenings are cooling off, the sun hangs lower in the sky and the delicious aroma of Pumpkin Spice Lattes fills the air. What’s more, there’s never a shortage of family-friendly things to do around the state to fill your calendar. Check out the sampling of activities below to see what’s happening near your neck of the woods.
Howl-O-Ween at Reid Park Zoo
Less “boo” and more “zoo” is what you’ll find at this family-friendly Halloween event at Reid Park Zoo. Stroll around the grounds and check out the costumed characters, decorations and of course, the animals. Gates open at 5:30 p.m., Oct. 25-26, 1100 S. Randolph Way, Tucson.
KOOL FM Hot Rod Nights
Get your motor runnin’ at this classic car event featuring more than 250 cars at Westgate Entertainment District every Wednesday night through Nov. 19. The highly anticipated, free event includes live entertainment and restaurant specials at surrounding establishments.
Art in the Olive Grove
Whether you’re an artist, an art aficionado or simply love relaxing under the shade of an olive tree, you won’t want to miss Art in the Olive Grove, an event sponsored by Artists of the Superstition. Staged at the Queen Creek Olive Mill, the free event features art from a wide range of media, as well as tours of the olive mill (fee). 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., Oct. 19, 35062 S. Meridian Road, Queen Creek
Arizona State Fair
Rides, food, competitions, concerts and exhibits – they’re all there at the Arizona State Fair, Oct. 10 – Nov. 2, at the Arizona State Fairgrounds, 19th Avenue and McDowell Road, in Central Phoenix. Don’t miss the food on a stick, giant ferris wheel and big-name concerts.
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern