In the Neighborhood: Things to do in OctoberPosted 09/30/2014
[Photo Credit: Arizona State Fair, Facebook.com]
Cooler weather, here we come! October is the month Arizonans anticipate all summer. The mornings and evenings are cooling off, the sun hangs lower in the sky and the delicious aroma of Pumpkin Spice Lattes fills the air. What’s more, there’s never a shortage of family-friendly things to do around the state to fill your calendar. Check out the sampling of activities below to see what’s happening near your neck of the woods.
Howl-O-Ween at Reid Park Zoo
Less “boo” and more “zoo” is what you’ll find at this family-friendly Halloween event at Reid Park Zoo. Stroll around the grounds and check out the costumed characters, decorations and of course, the animals. Gates open at 5:30 p.m., Oct. 25-26, 1100 S. Randolph Way, Tucson.
KOOL FM Hot Rod Nights
Get your motor runnin’ at this classic car event featuring more than 250 cars at Westgate Entertainment District every Wednesday night through Nov. 19. The highly anticipated, free event includes live entertainment and restaurant specials at surrounding establishments.
Art in the Olive Grove
Whether you’re an artist, an art aficionado or simply love relaxing under the shade of an olive tree, you won’t want to miss Art in the Olive Grove, an event sponsored by Artists of the Superstition. Staged at the Queen Creek Olive Mill, the free event features art from a wide range of media, as well as tours of the olive mill (fee). 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., Oct. 19, 35062 S. Meridian Road, Queen Creek
Arizona State Fair
Rides, food, competitions, concerts and exhibits – they’re all there at the Arizona State Fair, Oct. 10 – Nov. 2, at the Arizona State Fairgrounds, 19th Avenue and McDowell Road, in Central Phoenix. Don’t miss the food on a stick, giant ferris wheel and big-name concerts.
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern
- Living the Good Life at Rio Paseo in Goodyear
- In Your Neighborhood: Valentine’s Day Edition
- Living Like a Local at The Lakes at Annecy
- Live Like a Local in Chandler with Our Windermere Ranch New Home Advisors
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance