Show Your Home Some Summer Lovin’Posted 03/26/2013
Spring may have sprung last week, but since us Phoenicians only enjoy spring temperatures for a limited time, we have to start thinking about the hot summer days that are to come sooner rather than later.
Although Maracay Homes are energy-efficient and save homeowners money all year-round, there are ways that homeowners can go the extra mile when it comes to having an operating home that is safe and clean specifically for summer.
Condition the AC
Get your air conditioner all ready for the sweltering summer temperatures. Change your filter and dust off the outside unit. Don’t forget to add the chimney to your spring cleaning to-do list to increase circulation of air.
In order to have your unit in its tip-top shape, have your unit serviced by a technician to ensure it is in working order before the triple digit temperatures hit.
Before it gets too warm, take time to paint the exterior of your home and fill in unsightly cracks. Not only are the cracks visually unappealing, but they can cause rotting. It is also the perfect time to plant new landscape and clean up flowers and plants damaged by winter freeze.
Hold Up Holes
While outside, you can also check hoses for leaks and tears. These tools are used a lot during the summertime to keep lawns from going brown, so be sure to repair them to save yourself money and a headache from a flooded garden.
Before monsoon rains flood the streets and gutters, be sure to clean out your house gutters and pipes. Regular maintenance to these pipes will prevent water damage from overflowing rainwater.
To ensure your home is in tip-top shape all year round, check out our Maracay Home Maintenance Checklist.
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless
- The Holiday Season’s Most Exciting Events in Phoenix
- Best Hiking in Your Backyard
- The Perfect Gift for Every Adventurer on Your List
- Light up the Night this Holiday Season
- A Backyard Like No Other: South Mountain Preserve
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home