SRP Champions of Energy Efficiency AwardPosted 10/18/2016
Maracay Homes’ commitment to green-homebuilding practices was recognized today as Salt River Project (SRP) named it the winner of the 2016 SRP Champions of Energy Efficiency Award in the Local Homebuilder category.
The award, sponsored by one of Arizona’s largest utility companies, honors SRP business customers that demonstrate outstanding initiative in energy efficiency. It was presented to Maracay Homes and 15 other winners at SRP’s third annual Champions of Energy Efficiency Awards Luncheon in Tempe, Arizona.
“It’s a privilege to receive this designation from SRP, which is such a respected brand and an icon in the community,” said Maracay Homes President Andy Warren. “It really is important for us to see our commitment to energy efficiency as an extension of our commitment to quality, so to be partnered and designated along with SRP means a lot.”
Nominations for the Champions of Energy Efficiency Awards are based on gross annual energy savings through participation in SRP’s commercial rebate program. The winners were selected by an independent committee of Valley professionals.
Maracay Homes joined the EPA’s Energy Star program in 2010 and has been building Energy Star-certified homes throughout Arizona ever since. According to Energy Star, an Energy Star-certified new home delivers energy savings up to 30 percent, compared to typical new homes. Maracay’s homes also garner superior scores on the HERS Index, an industry standard of measuring home-energy efficiency.
Maracay’s LivingSmart® program continues this comprehensive approach to green living through responsible development, water and energy efficiency, and designs and features that maximize both comfort and conservation. In addition to promoting energy efficiency in its 22 active communities, Maracay also encourages conservation at the corporate office through installed features such as motion sensors and programmable thermostats.
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless
- The Holiday Season’s Most Exciting Events in Phoenix
- Best Hiking in Your Backyard
- The Perfect Gift for Every Adventurer on Your List
- Light up the Night this Holiday Season
- A Backyard Like No Other: South Mountain Preserve
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home