Spring Cleaning Tips for the HomePosted 03/20/2015
On this first day of spring, we bid adieu to winter by ceremoniously opening the windows, listening to the birds sing and giving our homes a fresh, new start!
Whether you want to organize the kitchen pantry or give the baseboards a good scrub, spring cleaning is a great opportunity to get all these seemingly tedious, yet necessary tasks done. It may seem a bit daunting, but to make things easier, we’ve created a guide (and handy Pinterest board) with tips, tricks and checklists to give your home a nice, spring refresher, while still leaving time leftover to get outdoors and enjoy Arizona’s beautiful spring weather.
Here are some pointers to get you started:
– Begin by decluttering. Sorting through closets, craft drawers, cupboards and even old paperwork on your home desk can be a great way to get rid of unnecessary items and organize your storage spaces. Need more inspiration? Try these five home organization blogs for tips.
– Dig deep. it’s always a good idea to give each room a good, deep clean, to eliminate any germs or dust that may have been left behind. Aside from your regular cleaning routine, here are 10 neglected areas in homes that may need some extra cleaning love this season, like under the sink and inside medicine cabinets.
– Go green. One of the problems with all this cleaning is the use of harmful (and smelly) chemicals. For a better-smelling and eco-friendly solution, try this assortment of green cleaning products that you can make with just a few natural ingredients like lemon juice, white vinegar and lavender oil. Not only are they just as effective at removing dirt and bacteria – if not moreso – they’re made of all-natural and harmless ingredients, so you don’t have to worry about using them around kids or pets.
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern