Spotlight on TucsonPosted 01/24/2014
There has been a lot of talk about Tucson lately, and for good reason. The second largest city in Arizona is home to budding culture scene, a powerhouse college basketball team and a growing real estate market to support it all.
At the recent National Association of Realtors Annual Conference, chief economist Lawerence Yun singled out Tucson as a ‘market to watch’ in the coming year. And for good reason. The city’s unemployment rate – a statistic generally correlated to housing market trends – has seen improvement, dropping from 7.2 percent to 6.9 percent this fall, beating the national average. Simultaneously, distressed inventories are shrinking and thus builders are seeking opportunities to bring new homes to the market.
In that spirit, last week Maracay Homes proudly opened the first of three new Tucson neighborhoods set to debut by the end of 2014. Deseo at Sabino Canyon offers six distinct floorplans with the beautiful Santa Catalina Mountains as their backdrop. Later this year, Tortolita Vistas in Marana and Rancho del Cobre in Oro Valley are also set to debut.
“Maracay Homes is proud to demonstrate our continuing and increased commitment to the Tucson marketplace," said our President Andy Warren. “The natural beauty of the area and the emphasis on outdoor living pair wonderfully with our New Arizona Living Collection of floor plans – they feature classic architecture and also emphasize convenience, connectivity and choices for residents.”
For more information on the newly opened Deseo at Sabino Canyon and other incoming Tucson communities, visit our neighborhoods page.
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern
- Living the Good Life at Rio Paseo in Goodyear
- In Your Neighborhood: Valentine’s Day Edition
- Living Like a Local at The Lakes at Annecy
- Live Like a Local in Chandler with Our Windermere Ranch New Home Advisors
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance