Sizing up the Home of the FuturePosted 01/07/2015
In 2010, the National Association of Home Builders asked its members to gaze into their respective crystal balls and predict what new homes would look like in 2015. As it turns out, their assumptions were amazingly spot on.
According to the survey results, the homes of the “future” predicted in 2010 look quite similar to the houses Maracay Homes builds today as part of its Arizona Living Collection, with an emphasis on connectivity, convenience and customization.
Take a look at what survey participants predicted would be “hot” and what would be “not” in 2015.
- Great rooms
- Spacious laundry rooms
- Features catering to older baby boomers, including ground-floor master bedrooms or single-story layouts, smaller floor plans and walk-in showers
- Living rooms
- Formal dining rooms
- Media rooms
Notice any similarities? Maracay Homes’ Hallmark Collection, for example, offers spacious great rooms, front courtyards and generation suites, depending on the plan. Meanwhile, the all-new Freedom Collection, designed especially to fit the needs of active adults (baby boomers), debuts this month at Victory at Verrado.
Interested in learning more about Maracay Homes’ thoughtfully designed homes of the “future”? Check out our Arizona neighborhoods, no crystal ball required.
- Preparing Your Springtime Garden.
- The Alta Model Has Arrived.
- How to Plan the Perfect Outdoor Dining Experience.
- Make Your Home More Merry.
- HomeSmart for the Holidays.
- Warm and Cozy: 4 Ways to Turn Your Space into a Winter Retreat.
- Explore Your Artistic Side in Gilbert.
- Maracay Helps School District Secure Land for New School.
- The Top 3 Reasons to Live in a Single-Story Home.
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.