Serving Up SpringPosted 03/20/2013
Despite the deceiving temperatures for the past few weeks, today is the official first day of spring! A season known for renewal, rebirth and all-around freshness, the season is perfect for tapping your natural resources and cooking with vegetables and fruits picked straight from the garden. To celebrate the spring equinox, we have compiled some of our favorite light recipes full of crisp ingredients.
Start off dinner with a salad using different combinations of fruits and vegetables for the perfect blend of sweet and savory. Try a spinach salad with strawberries and mandarin oranges complimented by earthy mushrooms and salty bacon. For another great option, a grilled asparagus salad marries the flavors of fresh melons, prosciutto and mozzarella.
For something a little heartier, try a garden bruschetta with ricotta, pea puree, green beans and asparagus. Feeling spicy? Try an Indian-inspired vegetarian korma with cilantro, curry powder, peppers, peas, potatoes and more for a fiery dish great for garden-fresh veggies.
Pair your meal with a farm-fresh cocktail- a perfect way to pass the time during April showers. This classic mimosa has a spring twist of orange juice, apple juice and sparkling apple cider paired with your favorite champagne for a refreshing morning treat. The combination of lemon juice, mango syrup, apple juice and blood orange juice makes the Spring Fever cocktail a non-alcoholic drink that can be enjoyed by all ages.
Finish up your garden-to-table dinner with a strawberry fruit tart made with strawberries, apricot jelly and pistachios. Or, if you are looking for a chilly treat, mix up your own homemade mint ice cream with fresh sprigs from the garden.
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.
- Gilbert Regional Park is Ready for Fun.
- Neighbors Became Friends at the Avance After Hours Celebration.
- 10 Spooky Things to Do in Gilbert.
- Welcome Home to Life on the Smart Side.
- Fall in Love with Arizona This Season.
- Fall Decorating with a Modern Twist.
- The Meadows: A Vibrant West Valley Community.
- Dig Into Fall with the Gilbert Farmers Market.
- The Advantages of Model Home Living.