Sendera Place Neighborhood GuidePosted 04/24/2015
Moving into a new part of town can be overwhelming. Especially when moving into a booming city like Chandler, Arizona, which has developed consideriably over recent years. The city that encompasses many of our Maracay communities, including the newly opened Sendera Place, has more restaurants, recreation and hot spots than new residents might know what to do with. Luckily, our expert Sendera Place sales staff has compiled a few of their key tips to make new neighbors feel perfectly in the know:
El Palacio is 2 miles north from Sendera Place on Gilbert Road. Founded in 1982, it offers up authentic Mexican cuisine, has earned many awards and made life-long fans.
Also just minutes north of Sendera Place, Downtown Gilbert is full of old favorites and new, trendy spots:
- The Farmhouse has been around since 1989, serving breakfast all day (including 24 different omlettes!) and lunch. Expect a line – they are listed as the top 25 things to experience in Arizona.
- Joe's Real BBQ is a Gilbert favorite. Housed in a 1929 historic brick building, Joe’s has won multiple awards for their Texas-style BBQ, and continues to be family owned and operated.
- Postino East offers an upscale-but-approachable wine and tapas concept, in a restored building complete with bright patio. Don’t miss the Monday and Tuesday “Bottle of Wine and Bruschetta” for $20 after 8 p.m.!
Chandler offers many parks to get out an experience Arizona’s amazing weather and recreational opportunities. Click here to view the full list here.
Paseo Vista is just a few miles west, at Ocotillo Rd and Arizona Avenue. It offers 360-degree views of the Valley from a 40’ elevation, 330 parking spaces, dog park, archery range, playgrounds, disc golf, trails and many reclaimed/reused materials, showcasing the ingenuity of the City of Chandler to reduce, reuse and recycle!
Chandler Unified School District is "Dedicated to Excellence." They take this motto to heart – they offer a vast array of programs, paths, and opportunities for their students at all grade levels. Haley Elementary and Perry High School are “A+” Rated Schools.
You will find numerous shopping centers near Sendera Place, but certainly, the flagship is San Tan Village! Set up as an outdoor marketplace, quaint, tree-lined streets offer department store anchors, movie theatres, and boutique stores, as well as dining ranging from faster-food to fine dining. A large play area with splash pad is a great opportunity to let children let loose. Casual seating areas are peppered through, for shoppers to take a break or people watch.
Just opened in spring of 2015, the new Village Health Club offers 82,000 square feet of fitness and spa space. Village is located at Alma School Road and Ocotillo Road.
Also new this spring: Top Golf Gilbert. Directly east of San Tan Village, Top Golf is a destination driving range, dining, and bar experience that is not to be mised! Lessons are available, and this is a great place to meet your friends (or make new ones!) or take a date. It boasts amazing views and has a hopping nightlife scene.
When you need a reprieve from the desert life, why not hop on a flight at local Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport? A low-cost airline currently offers service throughout most of the U.S., so it’s easy to get away for a long weekend when you need a change of scenery. Mesa Gateway is a short 15 minute commute, with a smaller-scale parking area and terminal – so it’s very easy to navigate.
- Move Now or Build To Suit? Which New Home Opportunity Is Right for You?
- Outdoor Living Designed to Match Your Personality.
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home?
- Personalizing Your New Home with Flex Spaces.
- Digital Home Shopping Tools.
- New Canopy Community Offers an Abundance of Outdoor Amenities.
- New vs. Resale. (Spoiler: It’s not even close)
- Canopy’s Essence Comes to Life with Sculptor Otto Rigan.
- Veterans Oasis Park, The Oasis in Your Backyard.
- Learn All About Arroyo Seco with Our New Home Advisor.