Save A Plant DayPosted 07/11/2014
At Maracay Homes we often share about our dedication to the environment through eco-friendly home building practices, our LivingSmart® program and ongoing partnership with ENERGY STAR®. But what many may not know is that our commitment to conservation begins well before the walls go up.
The Tucson new homes community of Rancho Vistoso will soon boast 345 additional premium home sites featuring Maracay plans, slated to open in January 2016. As we begin to lay the groundwork for this exciting new development, it is important that we properly car for what is already there. We have partnered with the Town of Oro Valley to host a Save-A-Plant event this weekend in the Rancho Vistoso community.
On July 12-13, we will be salvaging prickly pear, barrel, hedgehog and pincushion cacti. The public can come purchase the desert vegetation from 7-10 a.m. Prices range from $1 for 15 pincushion cacti to $6 for other cacti.
Over the past year, we have salvaged more than 1,700 cacti from the Rancho del Cobre community through the Save-A-Plant program with the Town of Oro Valley and through coordination with the Tucson Cactus and Succulent Society.
Participants of this weekend’s event are encouraged to bring shovels, gloves and pitchforks and dress for hot temperatures. The Tucson Cactus and Succulent Society will be on hand to answer questions about reclaiming plants.
We look forward to seeing you at Rancho Vistoso, located at the north end of La Cañada Drive, and thank you in advance for your help in preserving Arizona’s desert.
- Canopy’s Essence Comes to Life with Sculptor Otto Rigan.
- Veterans Oasis Park, The Oasis in Your Backyard.
- Learn All About Arroyo Seco with Our New Home Advisor.
- Get To Know Your Neighbors.
- Get to Know Spur Cross with Our New Home Advisors.
- What to do with extra room.
- Preparing Your Springtime Garden.
- The Alta Model Has Arrived.
- How to Plan the Perfect Outdoor Dining Experience.
- Make Your Home More Merry.