Re-Think Thanksgiving RecipesPosted 11/15/2012
It’s exactly one week until Thanksgiving. Are you stressing over cooking a superbly succulent stuffing or the most golden turkey on the block? No need to worry, there are pins-a-plenty for that thanks to our fabulous friends at Pinterest.
We know your holiday table is sure to include the traditional turkey and mashed potatoes, but what about mixing it up a bit this year? A holiday cocktail is a good place to start. One of our favorites? Apple cider sangria which gives a seasonal play on the classic Spanish sip.
On to the main event, surprise your guests with some inventive recipes that still incorporate the classic fixings they know and love. Try corn casserole, apple cranberry wheat berry salad or baked sweet potatoes stuffed with feta, olives and sundried tomatoes for a familiar yet unexpected addition to your Turkey Day spread.
On dessert duty? Try these adorable mini Oreo cheesecakes. Your guests are sure to enjoy the sweet surprise of the hidden Oreo inside. If you happen to be crunched for time the morning of, prepare homemade canned apple pie filling a few days before to pour into your favorite crust or over vanilla ice cream.
Whatever you make, wherever you may be, remember to stress less and just enjoy this lovely holiday with family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Digital Home Shopping Tools.
- New Canopy Community Offers an Abundance of Outdoor Amenities.
- New vs. Resale. (Spoiler: It’s not even close)
- Canopy’s Essence Comes to Life with Sculptor Otto Rigan.
- Veterans Oasis Park, The Oasis in Your Backyard.
- Learn All About Arroyo Seco with Our New Home Advisor.
- Get To Know Your Neighbors.
- Get to Know Spur Cross with Our New Home Advisors.
- What to do with extra room.
- Preparing Your Springtime Garden.