Random Acts of Kindness For Your NeighborhoodPosted 02/17/2015
According to Aesop, the Ancient Greek story teller, “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” Now, his words may be from around 600 B.C., but the notion still rings true today. And especially today – February 17 is Random Acts of Kindness Day. But no matter the day, a little kindness goes a long way, so here are a few easy ideas to bring a little kindness to the people in your Maracay Homes neighborhood:
Lend a hand. Whether your neighbor just came home with a trunk load of groceries, or the couple across the street needs help holding the ladder while they take down their Valentine’s Day décor, offering a helping hand is a great way to make anyone’s day. Haven’t met your new neighbors yet? Stop by, introduce yourself and offer to help build the bookshelf you saw the movers wheel in yesterday. Believe us, they’ll appreciate it!
Give a little. Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of our busy lives, we forget to stop and truly thank the people who’ve helped us along the way. Recently closed on your home? Send your Realtor a gift card for coffee. Neighborhood watch help you in a bind? Bake cookies for their next meeting. Whether homemade, store bought or simply handwritten, a little token of appreciation can go a long way for anyone who helps make your neighborhood a better place.
Smile a lot. The whole point of Random Acts of Kindness Day is to bring a little extra thoughtfulness and joy to humanity and expect nothing in return. The reward of making someone’s day is as valuable a gift as any to receive. So when you’re out grocery shopping or picking the kids up from soccer, be sure to smile to the cashiers and coaches who help you. Say thank you to the barista who makes that perfect latte every day. Let a car merge in front of you on the freeway or hold the door open for someone on the way into work. Just do it with a smile and remember no act of kindness is ever wasted.
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern
- Living the Good Life at Rio Paseo in Goodyear
- In Your Neighborhood: Valentine’s Day Edition
- Living Like a Local at The Lakes at Annecy
- Live Like a Local in Chandler with Our Windermere Ranch New Home Advisors
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance