Putting the “Right” in Right-SizingPosted 08/19/2013
In the post-recession economy, less is more, and thoughtfully designed living spaces trump super-sized, big-for-the-sake-of-being-big homes almost every time. In fact, real estate industry experts have coined a phrase to describe this aspect of the re-engineered American Dream of homeownership. They call it “right-sizing.”
Unlike downsizing, right-sizing refers to more than just square footage. Gale Steves, author of the book “Right-Sizing Your Home,” says, “Right-sizing is about making the best use of the spaces you have for the way you live.” She and others ascribe to the mantra, “build better, not bigger.”
Maracay Homes also is a proponent of the right-sizing movement. The 46 newly designed floor plans in our New Arizona Living Collection are proof positive. Each plan – grouped into eight separate collections – is big on functionality and small on wasted space.
“The unique new features of the New Arizona Living Collection homes are so intuitive home buyers may wonder how they previously lived in homes without them,” says Maracay Homes President and CEO Andy Warren.
Standout features include:
- An “owner’s entry” from the garage with cubbies for personal items and a docking station for cell phones and electronic devices
- A secret passageway between the master closet and the laundry room to help homeowners efficiently manage this household chore
- Generation suites for multi-generational households
- Bonus rooms for hobbyists and their creative pursuits
- Roomy kitchens, great rooms and outdoor living spaces that encourage family gatherings
- Digital Home Shopping Tools.
- New Canopy Community Offers an Abundance of Outdoor Amenities.
- New vs. Resale. (Spoiler: It’s not even close)
- Canopy’s Essence Comes to Life with Sculptor Otto Rigan.
- Veterans Oasis Park, The Oasis in Your Backyard.
- Learn All About Arroyo Seco with Our New Home Advisor.
- Get To Know Your Neighbors.
- Get to Know Spur Cross with Our New Home Advisors.
- What to do with extra room.
- Preparing Your Springtime Garden.