A New Shade of Green in ChandlerPosted 02/17/2017
Maracay Homes has long been a champion of sustainability. Its homes are known throughout the industry as energy efficient and cost efficient, thanks to a faithful adherence to forward-thinking measures such as the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star program and Maracay’s own Living Smart technology.
But, with this month’s opening of Hawthorn Manor in Chandler, Maracay is taking green living to an entirely new level with the introduction of 84 homes that will be registered with the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) with the goal of earning the LEED Certified designation. LEED is a third-party rating system that verifies compliance across several areas addressing sustainability.
According to the USGBC, LEED Certified homes have been designed to use 30 to 60 percent less energy than typical homes, saving residents thousands of dollars down the road. Plus, each home will meet the EPA’s Indoor airPLUS specifications and feature water-efficient fixtures, LED lighting, energy-efficient heating and cooling systems, Energy Star appliances, Wi-Fi enabled, programmable thermostats and much more.
While the new LEED certification has been grabbing all the headlines at Hawthorn Manor, it certainly isn’t the only big news to report. The gated community debuts four brand-new, single-story Flex Design® floor plans, ranging from approximately 3,030 to 3,839 square feet. Layouts range from three to five bedrooms, and include 2.5 to 3.5 bathrooms. Gourmet kitchens feature G.E. stainless steel appliances, built-in double ovens, 36″ gas cooktops, vented hoods, staggered upper kitchen cabinets, granite slab kitchen countertops. And, tankless water heaters provide a continuous supply of hot water.
Conveniently situated on the southeast corner of Chandler Heights and Cooper roads, Hawthorn Manor is just minutes away from Chandler’s iconic downtown area and major East Valley employment centers, shopping, dining and other amenities via the SanTan Freeway and nearby major expressways.
Interested in learning more? Swing by for a visit, check out Hawthorn Manor on www.MaracayHomes.com or call Maracay Homes New Home Specialist Pam Meyer at (480) 889-3713 for an appointment.
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern
- Living the Good Life at Rio Paseo in Goodyear
- In Your Neighborhood: Valentine’s Day Edition
- Living Like a Local at The Lakes at Annecy
- Live Like a Local in Chandler with Our Windermere Ranch New Home Advisors
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless