In The Neighborhood: Things to do in NovemberPosted 10/28/2014
Wag & Tag
The City of Goodyear’s 8th Annual Wag & Tag event is jam packed with all things pooch. K9 and obedience demonstrations, dog-related vendors, an adoption fair and a pet parade top the list of festival activities. But, perhaps the icing on the dog biscuit is the pet contest — judged by members of the Cincinnati Reds baseball team.
10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 8
Roscoe Dog Park, 15600 W. Roeser Road, Goodyear, 85338.
American Heritage Festival
American history comes alive at this annual festival that explores events from Colonial times through the 20th century. Revolutionary War and Civil War reenactments, period music and living history demonstrations provide the framework for an event that’s as educational as it is entertaining.
10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 22 and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 23
Schnepf Farms, 24810 S. Rittenhouse Road, Queen Creek, 85142.
$15 admission. Free for children 3 and under.
Certified Local Fall Festival
Locally owned businesses are the heart and soul of any community, and nobody promotes that fact better than Local First Arizona, a non-profit organization dedicated to furthering the localist movement in our state. Sample local food, beverages, entertainment and merchandise while supporting your friendly neighborhood business owners at the 10th Annual Certified Local Fall Fest.
10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 8
Portland Street, between Central and Third Avenues, in downtown Phoenix.
Take the light rail to the Central Avenue and Roosevelt station to eliminate the need to park.
Heritage & Harvest Festival
The Old Tucson Studios is the setting for this presentation of displays and discussions celebrating Tucson’s rich culture and heritage.
10 a.m.- 5 p.m., Friday, Nov. 29
201 S. Kinney Road, Tucson, 85735.
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern
- Living the Good Life at Rio Paseo in Goodyear
- In Your Neighborhood: Valentine’s Day Edition
- Living Like a Local at The Lakes at Annecy
- Live Like a Local in Chandler with Our Windermere Ranch New Home Advisors
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance