In The Neighborhood: Things to do in NovemberPosted 10/28/2014
Wag & Tag
The City of Goodyear’s 8th Annual Wag & Tag event is jam packed with all things pooch. K9 and obedience demonstrations, dog-related vendors, an adoption fair and a pet parade top the list of festival activities. But, perhaps the icing on the dog biscuit is the pet contest — judged by members of the Cincinnati Reds baseball team.
10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 8
Roscoe Dog Park, 15600 W. Roeser Road, Goodyear, 85338.
American Heritage Festival
American history comes alive at this annual festival that explores events from Colonial times through the 20th century. Revolutionary War and Civil War reenactments, period music and living history demonstrations provide the framework for an event that’s as educational as it is entertaining.
10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 22 and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 23
Schnepf Farms, 24810 S. Rittenhouse Road, Queen Creek, 85142.
$15 admission. Free for children 3 and under.
Certified Local Fall Festival
Locally owned businesses are the heart and soul of any community, and nobody promotes that fact better than Local First Arizona, a non-profit organization dedicated to furthering the localist movement in our state. Sample local food, beverages, entertainment and merchandise while supporting your friendly neighborhood business owners at the 10th Annual Certified Local Fall Fest.
10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 8
Portland Street, between Central and Third Avenues, in downtown Phoenix.
Take the light rail to the Central Avenue and Roosevelt station to eliminate the need to park.
Heritage & Harvest Festival
The Old Tucson Studios is the setting for this presentation of displays and discussions celebrating Tucson’s rich culture and heritage.
10 a.m.- 5 p.m., Friday, Nov. 29
201 S. Kinney Road, Tucson, 85735.
- The Top 3 Reasons to Live in a Single-Story Home.
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.
- Gilbert Regional Park is Ready for Fun.
- Neighbors Became Friends at the Avance After Hours Celebration.
- 10 Spooky Things to Do in Gilbert.
- Welcome Home to Life on the Smart Side.
- Fall in Love with Arizona This Season.
- Fall Decorating with a Modern Twist.
- The Meadows: A Vibrant West Valley Community.
- Dig Into Fall with the Gilbert Farmers Market.