In The Neighborhood: Things to do in NovemberPosted 10/28/2014
Wag & Tag
The City of Goodyear’s 8th Annual Wag & Tag event is jam packed with all things pooch. K9 and obedience demonstrations, dog-related vendors, an adoption fair and a pet parade top the list of festival activities. But, perhaps the icing on the dog biscuit is the pet contest — judged by members of the Cincinnati Reds baseball team.
10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 8
Roscoe Dog Park, 15600 W. Roeser Road, Goodyear, 85338.
American Heritage Festival
American history comes alive at this annual festival that explores events from Colonial times through the 20th century. Revolutionary War and Civil War reenactments, period music and living history demonstrations provide the framework for an event that’s as educational as it is entertaining.
10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 22 and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 23
Schnepf Farms, 24810 S. Rittenhouse Road, Queen Creek, 85142.
$15 admission. Free for children 3 and under.
Certified Local Fall Festival
Locally owned businesses are the heart and soul of any community, and nobody promotes that fact better than Local First Arizona, a non-profit organization dedicated to furthering the localist movement in our state. Sample local food, beverages, entertainment and merchandise while supporting your friendly neighborhood business owners at the 10th Annual Certified Local Fall Fest.
10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 8
Portland Street, between Central and Third Avenues, in downtown Phoenix.
Take the light rail to the Central Avenue and Roosevelt station to eliminate the need to park.
Heritage & Harvest Festival
The Old Tucson Studios is the setting for this presentation of displays and discussions celebrating Tucson’s rich culture and heritage.
10 a.m.- 5 p.m., Friday, Nov. 29
201 S. Kinney Road, Tucson, 85735.
- Move Now or Build To Suit? Which New Home Opportunity Is Right for You?
- Outdoor Living Designed to Match Your Personality.
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home?
- Personalizing Your New Home with Flex Spaces.
- Digital Home Shopping Tools.
- New Canopy Community Offers an Abundance of Outdoor Amenities.
- New vs. Resale. (Spoiler: It’s not even close)
- Canopy’s Essence Comes to Life with Sculptor Otto Rigan.
- Veterans Oasis Park, The Oasis in Your Backyard.
- Learn All About Arroyo Seco with Our New Home Advisor.