In the Neighborhood: MayPosted 05/01/2014
So many things to do, so little time. And no, we’re not talking about household chores! May is the month when still-cool evenings and not-too-hot days provide just the right temperature for getting out and exploring your surroundings. So put aside your to-do list and make some time to take advantage of the fun activities occurring near your Maracay Homes neighborhood.
Here are a few ideas to inspire you:
Cinco de Mayo Fiesta-Tucson Tortilla Festival
10 a.m. – 3 p.m., Sunday, May 4
Presidio San Agustin del Tucson
133 W. Washington St., Tucson
Celebrate the holiday with Mexican folklore, art, music and tortilla sampling. This free event includes tortilla-making tutorials, children’s activities and other family-friendly entertainment. Presented by Tucson Parks and Recreation in partnership with Tucson Meet Yourself.
Gilbert Spring Concert in the Park
7 p.m. – 9 p.m., Thursday, May 8
1045 E. Juniper, Gilbert
Need a mid-week break? Bring a blanket or lawn chair and stretch out under the stars to enjoy a concert of country/classic rock tunes from local band Tequila Highway. Free. Sponsored by Town of Gilbert Parks and Recreation.
Queen Creek Peach Festival
24810 S. Rittenhouse Road, Queen Creek
Fresh, juicy locally grown peaches are the star of the show at this annual festival, which includes hayrides, live music, train rides and carnival rides. Now in its 20th year, the event is a must-do for residents from all reaches of the Valley.
Phoenix Pet Expo
10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday, May 17
WestWorld of Scottsdale
16601 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale
Vendors, demonstrations, low-cost vaccinations, adoptions and a costume contest will make for a busy day at this free, family-friendly event. Pets welcome.
Memorial Day Candlelight Service
7 p.m. – 8 p.m., Monday, May 26
Avondale City Hall Amphitheater
11465 W. Civic Center Dr., Avondale
A night to honor those who served. The free service includes speeches, music and special tributes.
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern
- Living the Good Life at Rio Paseo in Goodyear
- In Your Neighborhood: Valentine’s Day Edition
- Living Like a Local at The Lakes at Annecy
- Live Like a Local in Chandler with Our Windermere Ranch New Home Advisors
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance