In the Neighborhood: JanuaryPosted 12/26/2013
What are your resolutions for the new year? If one of them is to get out and explore the areas surrounding your Maracay home, you’re in luck! We’ve compiled a lineup of family-friendly activities stretching from metro Phoenix to greater Tucson.
Check out this sampling and visit the monthly calendar of events on our website for a comprehensive list. Here’s to starting the year off right with fun and adventure!
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 1
University of Phoenix Stadium, 91st and Glendale avenues, Glendale
Watch the University of Central Florida Knights battle the Baylor University Bears at this 42nd annual bowl game.
Egg Nog Jog – New Year’s Day 5K
Registration, 7:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.; race starts at 9 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 1
Continental Reserve Park, 8568 N. Continental Reserve Loop, Marana
Start the new year off on a healthy foot with this annual non-competitive 5K run/walk that winds through the lovely Reserve neighborhood. $15 entry fee includes egg nog at the end of the race, an event t-shirt and fun prizes.
Gilbert Art Walk
9 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4 and 18
45 W. Page Ave., Gilbert
Artists bring their best visual art forms for exhibition and sale at this free event each first and third Saturday of the month.
Free Chandler Symphony Orchestra Concert
2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 11
Chandler Center for the Arts, 250 N. Arizona Ave., Chandler
Enjoy an afternoon of soothing symphony music. Free. Donations are accepted.
Beyond: Together We Move
Noon, Saturday, Jan. 11
221 S. Sixth Ave., Tucson
This free event encourages all Arizonans to come together in physical activity. Dance, bike rides, yoga, table tennis, obstacle courses and more.
Pop-Up Pooch Park
5 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 16
Hayden Square Amphitheater, 404 S. Mill Ave., Tempe
It’s “Pugly” Sweater Day at this pop-up pooch park, featuring live music, a free photo booth and lots more fun. The event supports local animal rescue groups.
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern