Multigenerational Housing Becomes the New NormalPosted 10/11/2013
Life happens. For a number of reasons – be it finances, health or otherwise – families are readjusting the way they live to adjust to life’s ever-changing circumstances. Multiple generations are coming together, living under one roof for both temporary and extended periods of time.
So what’s a homebuilder to do to respond to the new generation of multi-gen households? Adapt and accommodate. Maracay Homes has completed extensive demographic research to develop floor plans to accommodate these families, all in part of our New Arizona Living Collection. A number of Maracay communities now offer generational suites – converting extraneous square footage into livable space to accommodate larger or fluctuating families.
The generation suites, or casitas, are complete with the amenities that any grandparent, adult child, brother or sister would need to live comfortably. Stackable washer and dryers, a kitchenette and a separate owner’s entry provide the feeling of home without the disconnect from the rest of the family that they might experience living alone.
Multigenerational plans are available all across Arizona in select neighborhoods including Savannah, Lumiere Garden at Eastmark, Montelena and many more. For more on this growing trend, check out this recent article from KJZZ or connect with a Maracay Homes neighborhood rep to learn about options in your community.
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern