Multigenerational Housing Becomes the New NormalPosted 10/11/2013
Life happens. For a number of reasons – be it finances, health or otherwise – families are readjusting the way they live to adjust to life’s ever-changing circumstances. Multiple generations are coming together, living under one roof for both temporary and extended periods of time.
So what’s a homebuilder to do to respond to the new generation of multi-gen households? Adapt and accommodate. Maracay Homes has completed extensive demographic research to develop floor plans to accommodate these families, all in part of our New Arizona Living Collection. A number of Maracay communities now offer generational suites – converting extraneous square footage into livable space to accommodate larger or fluctuating families.
The generation suites, or casitas, are complete with the amenities that any grandparent, adult child, brother or sister would need to live comfortably. Stackable washer and dryers, a kitchenette and a separate owner’s entry provide the feeling of home without the disconnect from the rest of the family that they might experience living alone.
Multigenerational plans are available all across Arizona in select neighborhoods including Savannah, Lumiere Garden at Eastmark, Montelena and many more. For more on this growing trend, check out this recent article from KJZZ or connect with a Maracay Homes neighborhood rep to learn about options in your community.
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless
- The Holiday Season’s Most Exciting Events in Phoenix
- Best Hiking in Your Backyard
- The Perfect Gift for Every Adventurer on Your List
- Light up the Night this Holiday Season
- A Backyard Like No Other: South Mountain Preserve
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home