Multigenerational Housing Becomes the New NormalPosted 10/11/2013
Life happens. For a number of reasons – be it finances, health or otherwise – families are readjusting the way they live to adjust to life’s ever-changing circumstances. Multiple generations are coming together, living under one roof for both temporary and extended periods of time.
So what’s a homebuilder to do to respond to the new generation of multi-gen households? Adapt and accommodate. Maracay Homes has completed extensive demographic research to develop floor plans to accommodate these families, all in part of our New Arizona Living Collection. A number of Maracay communities now offer generational suites – converting extraneous square footage into livable space to accommodate larger or fluctuating families.
The generation suites, or casitas, are complete with the amenities that any grandparent, adult child, brother or sister would need to live comfortably. Stackable washer and dryers, a kitchenette and a separate owner’s entry provide the feeling of home without the disconnect from the rest of the family that they might experience living alone.
Multigenerational plans are available all across Arizona in select neighborhoods including Savannah, Lumiere Garden at Eastmark, Montelena and many more. For more on this growing trend, check out this recent article from KJZZ or connect with a Maracay Homes neighborhood rep to learn about options in your community.
- Growing Up in Gilbert
- Explore Copper Bend with our New Home Advisors
- Back to School Prep
- Staying Cool in the Arizona Summer Heat
- Summer Essentials to Transform your Home into a Staycation
- The Importance of Owning a LEED® Certified Home
- Meticulously Modern Housing Trends Inspired by Avance
- Father’s Day Fun Around the Valley
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring