More Good News for HousingPosted 05/30/2013
In recent years, the real estate market has been a constant, grim reminder of our sluggish economy, but current trends confirm that the worst is behind us. According to data released this week in the Standard & Poors/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices, the leading measure of U.S. home prices, 20 of the largest metropolitan areas have seen home prices increase by 10.9 percent in the first quarter of 2013 when compared with the first quarter of 2012 – the largest hike in seven years.
Phoenix saw the largest annual price increase at 22.5 percent, followed by San Francisco (22.2 percent) and Las Vegas (20.6 percent).
The upward trend, which has continued over a three-month period, has sparked consumer confidence to a five-year high in May that is not only affecting home buying but also boosting homebuilders like Maracay Homes to accelerate building.
Although homebuilders are ramping up new-home construction, there is still a tight supply of homes available to a growing market of buyers, driving prices upward at a record pace, according to experts.
“Other housing market data reported in recent weeks confirm these strong trends: housing starts and permits, sales of new homes and sales of existing homes continue to trend higher,” said David M. Blitzer, chairman of the Index Committee at S&P Dow Jones Indices. “At the same time, the larger than usual share of multi-family housing, a large number of homes in some stage of foreclosure, and buying-to- rent by investors suggest that the housing recovery is not complete.”
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern
- Living the Good Life at Rio Paseo in Goodyear
- In Your Neighborhood: Valentine’s Day Edition
- Living Like a Local at The Lakes at Annecy
- Live Like a Local in Chandler with Our Windermere Ranch New Home Advisors
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance