Maracay LEED-ing the Way in Energy-Efficient HomesPosted 12/15/2017
Green, energy-efficient homes are continuing to grow in popularity for many homeowners. In fact, a 2015 National Association of Home Builders survey indicates energy-efficient homes are what prospective home buyers want most.
Year after year, Maracay Homes continues its commitment to sustainability and environmental design. This year, Maracay Homes developed nearly 300 Phoenix area homes at Gilbert’s Preserve at Adora Trails community, Chandler’s Hawthorn Manor and Goodyear’s Cottages at Rio Paseo, that either are or will be registered with the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) with the goal of earning LEED® certification.
LEED is a third-party verification system that measures compliance across numerous areas of environmental sustainability.
LEED® Certified homes are designed to use 30 to 50 percent less energy than typical homes and include sustainability design elements such as water-efficient fixtures, LED lighting, energy-efficient heating and cooling systems, Wi-Fi enabled, programmable thermostats and more. Additionally, the nearly 300 homes Maracay had in development this year are Energy Star® certified and include Maracay Homes’ LivingSmart® program for high performance and cost efficiency.
Early next year, Maracay’s newest community, The Vista at Granite Crossing, will open in east Mesa with 37 homesites and a goal of registering each home with the LEED® Certified designation. The community will feature five, one- and two-story floor plans ranging from 2,685 to 4,363 square feet and will also have Flex Design® options for optimum customization and personalization.
Like to learn more about Maracay Homes and its LEED® Certified communities? Please Contact our New Home Specialists Pam Meyer and Shannon Balderas at NewHomes@MaracayHomes.com or visit www.MaracayHomes.com.
- The Importance of Owning a LEED® Certified Home
- Meticulously Modern Housing Trends Inspired by Avance
- Father’s Day Fun Around the Valley
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.