Maracay LEED-ing the Way in Energy-Efficient HomesPosted 12/15/2017
Green, energy-efficient homes are continuing to grow in popularity for many homeowners. In fact, a 2015 National Association of Home Builders survey indicates energy-efficient homes are what prospective home buyers want most.
Year after year, Maracay Homes continues its commitment to sustainability and environmental design. This year, Maracay Homes developed nearly 300 Phoenix area homes at Gilbert’s Preserve at Adora Trails community, Chandler’s Hawthorn Manor and Goodyear’s Cottages at Rio Paseo, that either are or will be registered with the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) with the goal of earning LEED® certification.
LEED is a third-party verification system that measures compliance across numerous areas of environmental sustainability.
LEED® Certified homes are designed to use 30 to 50 percent less energy than typical homes and include sustainability design elements such as water-efficient fixtures, LED lighting, energy-efficient heating and cooling systems, Wi-Fi enabled, programmable thermostats and more. Additionally, the nearly 300 homes Maracay had in development this year are Energy Star® certified and include Maracay Homes’ LivingSmart® program for high performance and cost efficiency.
Early next year, Maracay’s newest community, The Vista at Granite Crossing, will open in east Mesa with 37 homesites and a goal of registering each home with the LEED® Certified designation. The community will feature five, one- and two-story floor plans ranging from 2,685 to 4,363 square feet and will also have Flex Design® options for optimum customization and personalization.
Like to learn more about Maracay Homes and its LEED® Certified communities? Please Contact our New Home Specialists Pam Meyer and Shannon Balderas at NewHomes@MaracayHomes.com or visit www.MaracayHomes.com.
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern
- Living the Good Life at Rio Paseo in Goodyear
- In Your Neighborhood: Valentine’s Day Edition
- Living Like a Local at The Lakes at Annecy
- Live Like a Local in Chandler with Our Windermere Ranch New Home Advisors
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance