Maracay Homes Wins ENERGY STAR Market Leader AwardPosted 04/10/2014
When it comes to energy efficiency, we’re definitely not shy about tooting our own horn – which is why we are pleased to announce Maracay Homes has been recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a 2014 ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Market Leader. The award recognizes the important contribution Maracay Homes has made to energy-efficient construction and environmental protection by building more than 479 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2013.
Collectively, these homes will save homeowners approximately $143,700 and reduce nearly 1.9 million pounds of carbon dioxide from the environment each year! Put another way, the enviro-benefits are equivalent to the greenhouse gasses:
- Produced by 171 passenger vehicles annually;
- Emitted from burning 869,385 pounds of coal; and
- Saved by planting and growing 671 coniferous trees, such as pine or spruce, for 10 years.
ENERGY STAR certified homes meet strict guidelines for energy efficiency set by the EPA that require an integrated design approach combined with tried-and-true best building practices. Third-party verification of energy performance ensures the homes are up to 30 percent more efficient than typical new homes. Features such as effective insulation systems, high-performance windows, tight construction and ducts, properly sized and installed efficient heating and cooling equipment and energy-efficient lighting and appliances all add up to better comfort, improved durability and reduced utility and maintenance costs.
On top of its ENERGY STAR leadership, Maracay Homes also implements the latest technologies in green building practices through its LivingSmart® program, a comprehensive approach to responsible development that produces high-performing homes and cost-savings for homebuyers. The end result: significant reductions in water and energy consumption over homes built just five years ago.
From the way we develop land and construct houses to the way our homes operate and the materials they contain, our main goal is to improve comfort, be kind to the environment and keep the green in our customers’ wallets. It adds up to big savings for the Earth, and for you.
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless
- The Holiday Season’s Most Exciting Events in Phoenix
- Best Hiking in Your Backyard
- The Perfect Gift for Every Adventurer on Your List
- Light up the Night this Holiday Season
- A Backyard Like No Other: South Mountain Preserve
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home