The Lowdown on Low VOC PaintPosted 09/05/2014
Your home is your haven. A place where your family should feel comfortable, relaxed and, above all, safe. But safety at home starts far before you install the security system – it can begin during your build. At Maracay Homes, we employ a number of eco-friendly building techniques to ensure that our homes are safe for the health of buyers. One of which is our commitment to using low VOC paint throughout each room.
Typical household paints contain up to 10,000 chemicals, of which 300 are known toxins and 150 of which have been shown to have cancer-causing properties [source: Chadderon, Grafman]. Some of the most harmful of these are known as volatile organic compounds, or VOCs. When these compounds are met by air, they react with elements and produce ozone, a leading cause of air pollution and a number of health issues for those who inhale. As paint dries, VOCs are released and can continue to seep into the air supply for many years to come. Enter the much-needed advent of low VOC paints. These products cut down on harmful chemicals, allowing homeowners to breathe a sigh of relief, and breathe it in deeply.
At Maracay, we rely on the experts at Frazee to equip our buyers with health conscious, low VOC paints in a variety of attractive shades. Our collection features 20 colors, including four new hues for 2014:
Clinical, as seen here at Artisan Ranch
Seattle, as seen here at Trestle Place
Tinman, as seen here at Vaquero Ranch
Old Washer, as seen here at Kinectic Point
For more information on Frazee, and the health-conscious designs featured in all Maracay Homes, contact the experts at our Design Studio today.
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless
- The Holiday Season’s Most Exciting Events in Phoenix
- Best Hiking in Your Backyard
- The Perfect Gift for Every Adventurer on Your List
- Light up the Night this Holiday Season
- A Backyard Like No Other: South Mountain Preserve
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home
- South Phoenix: The Next Big Thing