The Lowdown on Low VOC PaintPosted 09/05/2014
Your home is your haven. A place where your family should feel comfortable, relaxed and, above all, safe. But safety at home starts far before you install the security system – it can begin during your build. At Maracay Homes, we employ a number of eco-friendly building techniques to ensure that our homes are safe for the health of buyers. One of which is our commitment to using low VOC paint throughout each room.
Typical household paints contain up to 10,000 chemicals, of which 300 are known toxins and 150 of which have been shown to have cancer-causing properties [source: Chadderon, Grafman]. Some of the most harmful of these are known as volatile organic compounds, or VOCs. When these compounds are met by air, they react with elements and produce ozone, a leading cause of air pollution and a number of health issues for those who inhale. As paint dries, VOCs are released and can continue to seep into the air supply for many years to come. Enter the much-needed advent of low VOC paints. These products cut down on harmful chemicals, allowing homeowners to breathe a sigh of relief, and breathe it in deeply.
At Maracay, we rely on the experts at Frazee to equip our buyers with health conscious, low VOC paints in a variety of attractive shades. Our collection features 20 colors, including four new hues for 2014:
Clinical, as seen here at Artisan Ranch
Seattle, as seen here at Trestle Place
Tinman, as seen here at Vaquero Ranch
Old Washer, as seen here at Kinectic Point
For more information on Frazee, and the health-conscious designs featured in all Maracay Homes, contact the experts at our Design Studio today.
- The Importance of Owning a LEED® Certified Home
- Meticulously Modern Housing Trends Inspired by Avance
- Father’s Day Fun Around the Valley
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.