The Lowdown on Low VOC PaintPosted 09/05/2014
Your home is your haven. A place where your family should feel comfortable, relaxed and, above all, safe. But safety at home starts far before you install the security system – it can begin during your build. At Maracay Homes, we employ a number of eco-friendly building techniques to ensure that our homes are safe for the health of buyers. One of which is our commitment to using low VOC paint throughout each room.
Typical household paints contain up to 10,000 chemicals, of which 300 are known toxins and 150 of which have been shown to have cancer-causing properties [source: Chadderon, Grafman]. Some of the most harmful of these are known as volatile organic compounds, or VOCs. When these compounds are met by air, they react with elements and produce ozone, a leading cause of air pollution and a number of health issues for those who inhale. As paint dries, VOCs are released and can continue to seep into the air supply for many years to come. Enter the much-needed advent of low VOC paints. These products cut down on harmful chemicals, allowing homeowners to breathe a sigh of relief, and breathe it in deeply.
At Maracay, we rely on the experts at Frazee to equip our buyers with health conscious, low VOC paints in a variety of attractive shades. Our collection features 20 colors, including four new hues for 2014:
Clinical, as seen here at Artisan Ranch
Seattle, as seen here at Trestle Place
Tinman, as seen here at Vaquero Ranch
Old Washer, as seen here at Kinectic Point
For more information on Frazee, and the health-conscious designs featured in all Maracay Homes, contact the experts at our Design Studio today.
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home?
- Personalizing Your New Home with Flex Spaces.
- Digital Home Shopping Tools.
- New Canopy Community Offers an Abundance of Outdoor Amenities.
- New vs. Resale. (Spoiler: It’s not even close)
- Canopy’s Essence Comes to Life with Sculptor Otto Rigan.
- Veterans Oasis Park, The Oasis in Your Backyard.
- Learn All About Arroyo Seco with Our New Home Advisor.
- Get To Know Your Neighbors.
- Get to Know Spur Cross with Our New Home Advisors.