Love & HousingPosted 02/14/2013
It’s Valentine’s Day, a day known far and wide for love and romance, flowers and candy, and…house-hunting. Well, maybe not house-hunting. But, in honor of Cupid’s holiday, Trulia and Harris Interactive have put together a fun little Love & Housing Survey, which turned up some interesting tidbits about how single men and women view dating and residential real estate.
The survey asked 2,236 U.S. adults to spill their feelings on topics ranging from how homeownership impacts a dating relationship to which amenities in a home make them swoon.
According to the results, roughly a third of both men and women believe owning a home is a signal that someone is ready to settle down. And as for amenities that make their hearts go pitter patter when shopping for a new home, both genders put the master bathroom at the top of their lists, followed by a walk-in closet. Looks like there’s a temporary truce in the battle of the sexes, at least on these few topics.
Check out what else the lovebirds had to say about their love nests by reading the full survey results for yourself. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.
- Gilbert Regional Park is Ready for Fun.
- Neighbors Became Friends at the Avance After Hours Celebration.
- 10 Spooky Things to Do in Gilbert.
- Welcome Home to Life on the Smart Side.
- Fall in Love with Arizona This Season.
- Fall Decorating with a Modern Twist.
- The Meadows: A Vibrant West Valley Community.
- Dig Into Fall with the Gilbert Farmers Market.
- The Advantages of Model Home Living.