Fun Facts About LivingSmart HomesPosted 07/25/2014
Seems like everybody’s looking for a little more green these days, whether it be additional money in their wallets or products that show more love for the environment. The good news: when you own a Maracay home, you don’t have to settle for one or the other. You can have both.
Maracay Homes implements the latest technologies in sustainable building practices, and employs a four-pronged approach to developing high-performing homes that results in extra cost-savings for you. We call it LivingSmart®. After learning more about it, you’ll no doubt see why.
Here are a few fun facts to raise your LivingSmart Homes IQ:
- Maracay’s LivingSmart homes are designed to focus the “smart” in four key areas: health, energy, earth and water. HealthSmart™ features, for example, include eco-friendly building materials, such as low VOC paint, CRI-green label carpets and pads, and attic insulation made from recycled materials, which enhance indoor air quality and promote a healthier lifestyle.
- Maracay homes are equipped with all-florescent lights, both inside and out. Why? Florescent bulbs last seven to 10 times longer than conventional ones, resulting in a 70 percent savings for our homeowners.
- “Reduce, reuse, recycle” is more than just a suggestion to us. Our construction crews recycle all concrete, roof tiles and job-site aggregate and utilize the byproduct as sand/foundation for the home’s landscaping and other exterior uses.
- Conserving water – one of life’s most precious resources – shouldn’t have to cramp your style. Our homes’ low-flow toilets, showerheads and fixtures use, on average, 20 percent less water without compromising our homeowners’ lifestyles.
- LivingSmart homes produce 30 percent more savings in energy and water than homes older than five years, resulting in significantly lower energy and water bills year round.
When you add it all up, the evidence is clear. LivingSmart delivers the green, with a house that looks out for the environment, your family’s well-being and your pocketbook.
- The Alta Model Has Arrived.
- How to Plan the Perfect Outdoor Dining Experience.
- Make Your Home More Merry.
- HomeSmart for the Holidays.
- Warm and Cozy: 4 Ways to Turn Your Space into a Winter Retreat.
- Explore Your Artistic Side in Gilbert.
- Maracay Helps School District Secure Land for New School.
- The Top 3 Reasons to Live in a Single-Story Home.
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.
- Gilbert Regional Park is Ready for Fun.