Living Green, Living Smart at Maracay HomesPosted 06/17/2015
Green means “go,” at least for today’s homebuyers who are choosing to go out and purchase new homes because of the green savings associated with owning a new home. According to the National Association of Realtors’ 2014 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers report, “ a significant number homebuyers – about 10 percent – cited green/energy-efficiency as a reason for their new home purchase in 2014.
While consumers are motivated to save the environment, they’re finding initially paying more up front for environmentally friendly features can save money in the long run. Strong areas of importance include energy-efficient appliances and lighting, heating and cooling costs, environmentally friendly community features and landscaping for energy conservation, according to the survey.
At Maracay Homes, we value high-performing homes, not only for the cost-saving benefits but because owning an environmentally friendly home is the smart thing to do. That’s why all of our homes come fully equipped with our LivingSmart® program.
What does this mean? LivingSmart® is a comprehensive approach to responsible development, high-performing homes and cost-savings for residents. Maracay Homes implements the latest technologies in sustainable building practices through several green design options intended to increase comfort and better home energy efficiency.
Maracay Homes’ LivingSmart® program is comprised of these four core components:
- Energy Smart: Technology that reduces energy use and utility bills.
- Earth Smart: Materials that come from recycled and sustainable resources.
- Water Smart: Features and landscape design that help conserve water usage.
- Heath Smart: Features that foster healthy living and cleaner air.
These are just a few of the things included in our Maracay Homes LivingSmart® program. For more information on the program, please visit MaracayHomes.com.
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern