Living Green, Living Smart at Maracay HomesPosted 06/17/2015
Green means “go,” at least for today’s homebuyers who are choosing to go out and purchase new homes because of the green savings associated with owning a new home. According to the National Association of Realtors’ 2014 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers report, “ a significant number homebuyers – about 10 percent – cited green/energy-efficiency as a reason for their new home purchase in 2014.
While consumers are motivated to save the environment, they’re finding initially paying more up front for environmentally friendly features can save money in the long run. Strong areas of importance include energy-efficient appliances and lighting, heating and cooling costs, environmentally friendly community features and landscaping for energy conservation, according to the survey.
At Maracay Homes, we value high-performing homes, not only for the cost-saving benefits but because owning an environmentally friendly home is the smart thing to do. That’s why all of our homes come fully equipped with our LivingSmart® program.
What does this mean? LivingSmart® is a comprehensive approach to responsible development, high-performing homes and cost-savings for residents. Maracay Homes implements the latest technologies in sustainable building practices through several green design options intended to increase comfort and better home energy efficiency.
Maracay Homes’ LivingSmart® program is comprised of these four core components:
- Energy Smart: Technology that reduces energy use and utility bills.
- Earth Smart: Materials that come from recycled and sustainable resources.
- Water Smart: Features and landscape design that help conserve water usage.
- Heath Smart: Features that foster healthy living and cleaner air.
These are just a few of the things included in our Maracay Homes LivingSmart® program. For more information on the program, please visit MaracayHomes.com.
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home?
- Personalizing Your New Home with Flex Spaces.
- Digital Home Shopping Tools.
- New Canopy Community Offers an Abundance of Outdoor Amenities.
- New vs. Resale. (Spoiler: It’s not even close)
- Canopy’s Essence Comes to Life with Sculptor Otto Rigan.
- Veterans Oasis Park, The Oasis in Your Backyard.
- Learn All About Arroyo Seco with Our New Home Advisor.
- Get To Know Your Neighbors.
- Get to Know Spur Cross with Our New Home Advisors.