Live Like a Local: Queen CreekPosted 07/12/2016
Photo: Shnepf Farms
Queen Creek truly has the best of both worlds. Conveniently located just outside the big-city hustle and bustle of Phoenix, this Southeast Valley community is relaxed, rural and full of small-town charm. It’s a shop-local, know-your-farmer type of place, with plenty of small businesses to patronize and lots of home-grown goods for sale. We rounded up a few of our favorite local QC spots from the area. Take a look:
- Schnepf Farms: A true Arizona treasure, Schnepf Farms offers visitors the chance to pick their own herbs, fruits and vegetables from their “UPICK” organic gardens and orchards. Choose from fresh spinach, beets, carrots, artichokes, tomatoes, squash and more and only pay $1.50 for your haul. In addition to providing opportunities to gather fresh produce, Schnepf hosts many farm festivals and tours, including its very popular Peach Festival, hayrides and other seasonal festivities. Click here to learn more about Schnepf Farms.
- Queen Creek Olive Mill: Queen Creek Olive Mill not only brings locally made, fresh- pressed extra virgin olive oil to the community, it also offers daily tours, private tasting events, social events with live music, delicious food and so much more. Schedule a tour and learn about the history of the company, as well as the qualities, standards and health benefits of olive oil. You’ll finish the tour in the Mill’s Market Café, where you can purchase a wide range of products, from stuffed olives, olive oil, tapenades, gift sets and skincare products. Hungry for more? Stay for lunch. Here’s a menu.
- Third Place Cup Coffee Shop: Do you think there is nothing better than a great cup of coffee? If the answer is yes, then we highly recommend a visit to Third Place Cup Coffee for fresh and locally roasted coffee. Third Place Cup prides itself on its passionate baristas, local live music and friendly, comfortable atmosphere. In addition to brewing a tasty cup of coffee, the shop offers open mic nights throughout the week. You don’t want to miss out on sipping in this local gem and taking in all it has to offer.
- Horseshoe Park & Equestrian Centre: This state-of-the-art, 36-acre center features endless opportunities for horseback riding and other special events, like RV and car shows, home shows, concerts and more. With plenty of events year-round, you’ll have a hard time staying away from this majestic facility. Take a look at its events calendar.
- San Tan Historical Society Museum: Photographs, ancient artifacts, pottery and other items are on display for visitors to get a taste of the rich history surrounding the San Tan Mountain area. The museum is open to the public every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is free of charge.
- The Bistro Queen Creek: Enjoy coffee, wine, from-scratch fresh menu items and a cozy patio at this family-owned restaurant. The Bistro is open for breakfast and lunch and offers daily specials like a hearty breakfast pizza and ham benedicts. Visit its Facebook page to stay in the loop on special menu items.
- Growing Up in Gilbert
- Explore Copper Bend with our New Home Advisors
- Back to School Prep
- Staying Cool in the Arizona Summer Heat
- Summer Essentials to Transform your Home into a Staycation
- The Importance of Owning a LEED® Certified Home
- Meticulously Modern Housing Trends Inspired by Avance
- Father’s Day Fun Around the Valley
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring