Labor Free – Labor Day EntertainingPosted 09/01/2015
One of summer’s last big holidays, Labor Day always seems to arrive at the perfect time, offering American workers a much-needed break from the rush of daily life. From poolside parties to backyard barbeques, millions of Americans continue to celebrate this special day as a time to come together with friends and family for some food, fun and relaxation.
Not surprisingly, however, hosting a get-together can be a lot of work, which is exactly what you want to avoid on a day off. Here are few tips to help you stay labor free during your Labor Day gathering:
Keep the menu simple: If you must prepare everything, skip any foods that require last minute work and/or a large list of ingredients. Of course, you can never go wrong with burgers or hotdogs, but try a one-dish-feeds-all approach, such as crock-pot pulled pork tacos or slow cooker barbecue beef sandwiches.
Go public: Getting your house ready for company can be a daunting task. To avoid this headache, reserve a picnic pavilion at a park, where the facilities and recreation equipment are maintained by the city. You’ll not only save time and energy, but your guests will appreciate the kid-friendly atmosphere.
Make your home kid-friendly: If anyone knows how to put a halt to a party, it’s bored kids. To ensure everyone’s kids are thoroughly entertained, set aside a section of your yard or house exclusively for the kids. Spread out some blankets, picnic mats, seating areas and kid-friendly foods next to an area for games and activities, including, bubbles, sidewalk chalk and a wading pool.
Late start: Skip the hassle of providing a big meal altogether. Instead, invite guests to a late-afternoon cocktail party, featuring an assortment of drinks, snacks and sweets. If you sense your guests getting hungry, simply order some pizza or takeout to fuel the festivities into the evening.
- Summer Essentials to Transform your Home into a Staycation
- The Importance of Owning a LEED® Certified Home
- Meticulously Modern Housing Trends Inspired by Avance
- Father’s Day Fun Around the Valley
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona