Industry Update- Real Estate and Economy MilestonesPosted 11/07/2017
September marked a major milestone for the real estate industry and the U.S. economy as a whole. According to newly released data by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the U.S. Census Bureau, sales of newly built, single-family homes rose 18.9 percent to a seasonally adjusted rate of 667,000 units.
September’s uptick represents the highest sales pace increase since October 2007, two months before the Great Recession began. The record-breaking month comes on the heels of a period of “soft” months, which had some experts, like Granger MacDonald, chairman of the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB), warning builders to “manage rising supply-side costs to meet consumer demand for affordably priced homes.”
However, the year-to-date growth, which is 8.6 percent above the level over the same period last year, reinforces experts’ analysis that there is a growing demand for new home construction, and new home sales are making consistent, long-term gains.
As we round out the year, experts are optimistic 2018 will remain consistent with the conditions of the past few years in which moderate economic growth of around 2 percent, along with solid job gains and low mortgage rates, will persist
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.
- Gilbert Regional Park is Ready for Fun.
- Neighbors Became Friends at the Avance After Hours Celebration.
- 10 Spooky Things to Do in Gilbert.
- Welcome Home to Life on the Smart Side.
- Fall in Love with Arizona This Season.
- Fall Decorating with a Modern Twist.
- The Meadows: A Vibrant West Valley Community.
- Dig Into Fall with the Gilbert Farmers Market.
- The Advantages of Model Home Living.