Industry Update: Buyers Want Energy EfficiencyPosted 04/14/2016
Many factors go into buying a new home, from deciding on the location and size of the house to selecting a floor plan that fits your lifestyle, or even choosing the right school district for your kids. But, one factor that is increasingly showing up on buyers’ wish lists is greater energy- efficiency.
According to the National Association of Home Builders’ (NAHB) latest survey of home buyer preferences, Energy Star appliances and windows, along with an Energy Star rating for the entire house, are among the top five most-wanted features in a home.
Survey respondents cited the money-savings aspect of energy-efficient construction and functionality as a key motivator. On average, homebuyers said they would be willing to pay $10,732 more for a home to save $1,000 annually in utilities.
Builders have responded to this demand. In fact, the NAHB’s latest home builder survey revealed four of the top 10 features homebuilders are most likely to include in the homes they build this year focus on energy efficiency. Those features include low-E windows, Energy Star-rated appliances and windows, and programmable thermostats – all corresponding to the list of features that consumers say are most important to them.
In addition to the energy-efficient features, builders also said they are most likely to provide homes with walk-in closets in the master bedrooms, laundry rooms, great rooms (kitchen-family-room-living room) and central islands, and granite countertops.
Maracay Homes is in line with these survey results and remains a leader in building energy-efficient homes throughout the high-demand areas of central and southern Arizona. Its exclusive LivingSmart® program — a comprehensive approach to green living through responsible development, water and energy efficiency — emphasizes designs and features that maximize both comfort and conservation.
For more information on Maracay Homes and its energy-efficient homes and services, please visit www.MaracayHomes.com.
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless
- The Holiday Season’s Most Exciting Events in Phoenix
- Best Hiking in Your Backyard
- The Perfect Gift for Every Adventurer on Your List
- Light up the Night this Holiday Season
- A Backyard Like No Other: South Mountain Preserve
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home