Indoor-Outdoor Living TrendsPosted 06/11/2015
Among the multitude of reasons why we love Arizona, from our unbelievable sunsets to our breathtaking natural landmarks, is our amazing weather year-round. While we do endure monsoon season and triple-digit heat during the summer, we also maintain the ability to enjoy the great outdoors and bask in the desert sun, all year long.
It’s exactly this feature – this temperate climate of ours – that Maracay Homes had in mind when we designed so many of our New Arizona Living Collection and Freedom Collection floor plans with Arizona rooms, covered patios and courtyards. Our goal was to create a place for you to relax, have fun, make memories and to enjoy every inch of the space you call home — including the great outdoors.
And apparently, we’re not alone in our love affair with inviting the outdoors in, and the indoors out. According to Hearth, Patio & Barbeque Association (HPBA), indoor-outdoor living is among the predominant home trends of 2015. So how do you achieve the harmonious blend between your indoor and outdoor space? Here are a few tips:
- Be flexible. Sunset Magazine suggests using sliding glass doors or removable walls to create a seamless extension between the inside and outside. Not only is it easy to open the space up, but it is also a great way to blur the visual barriers between the spaces.
- Function, outdoors. Part of indoor-outdoor living is to not only make it look like a seamless extension of the inside of your home, but to allow it to function like it as well. Don’t be afraid to incorporate interior features outside, like dining spaces, fireplaces and décor.
- All about comfort. Whether for dinner parties or simply relaxing in the backyard, make the most of your outdoor space year-round with fans or cool misting systems for summer, and a smokeless fire pit for winter months.
- Digital Home Shopping Tools.
- New Canopy Community Offers an Abundance of Outdoor Amenities.
- New vs. Resale. (Spoiler: It’s not even close)
- Canopy’s Essence Comes to Life with Sculptor Otto Rigan.
- Veterans Oasis Park, The Oasis in Your Backyard.
- Learn All About Arroyo Seco with Our New Home Advisor.
- Get To Know Your Neighbors.
- Get to Know Spur Cross with Our New Home Advisors.
- What to do with extra room.
- Preparing Your Springtime Garden.