In The Hood: JulyPosted 07/01/2016
As June comes to a close, Fourth of July weekend quickly approaches. While everyone has fireworks, American flags and smoky barbecue on the brain, we know there are still a lot of things to lots to do around Maracay Homes’ neighborhoods after the holiday is over. Here are a few of our favorite events around the Valley and Tucson:
Christmas in July
Saturday, July 9 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Get into the holiday spirit a little early this year in Historic Downtown Glendale during the 10th annual Christmas in July celebration. Visitors will enjoy a fun-filled day of holiday crafts, sweets and deals from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Ollie the Trolley will also provide free rides around the area, kids can take a photo with Santa, and a holiday-themed gift item will be given to the first 250 visitors.
Superhero Party at the Splash Pad
Saturday, July 9 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
In honor of Parks and Recreation Month, the town of Queen Creek is hosting a Superhero Party at the Splash Pad at Founders’ Park. Come dressed in your hero attire, stay cool, splash around and have a blast. There will be a DJ playing tunes, and Kona Ice and Hot Dog Kings will be selling food.
Second Saturdays at Steam Pump Ranch
Saturday, July 9 from 8 a.m. to noon
Take a tour of Oro Valley’s historic Steam Pump Ranch, and have some fun with the whole family family on July 9. Get crafting, take a guided tour, listen to live music and browse the Artisan Market. All of these activities are free for all ages.
Stay Cool Family Fun Night
Friday, July 22 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Beat the heat this summer at the Litchfield Park Recreation Center Pool, for family night “Under the Sea.” The evening will include swimming, games, activities, music and dancing hosted by the rec center’s lifeguards.
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless
- The Holiday Season’s Most Exciting Events in Phoenix
- Best Hiking in Your Backyard
- The Perfect Gift for Every Adventurer on Your List
- Light up the Night this Holiday Season
- A Backyard Like No Other: South Mountain Preserve
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home
- South Phoenix: The Next Big Thing