How To Throw A Halloween PartyPosted 10/23/2015
While you never need an excuse to throw a party, Halloween provides the perfect opportunity to have a frightfully good time with friends, family, neighbors and anyone else who likes to dress up and get ghoulish on All Hallows Eve.
Of course, treating your guests to a successful Halloween bash can be tricky. But don’t be haunted by the undertaking. Follow these simple tips we gathered online and your party will be nothing short of fang-tastic:
Food and Drink: Avoid a dull start to your party and get the conversation started with some fun, Halloween-themed dishes like this scary platter or a pumpkin-shaped cheese ball. Once the sun goes down, keep the party flowing with black light lemonade. Your guests will glow with excitement. Entertaining kids? Try this delicious gummy worm punch, which is not only easy to make but it will keep the youngsters entertained for hours.
Decorations: Halloween brings out the kid in all of us, so go all in with your party decorations, even if you’re just entertaining adults. Simply carve out a pumpkin, put a bowl in it and fill it with ice for a festive way to keep drinks chilled. Since you never get a second chance to make a first impression, try “scaring” your friends as they arrive with these eyes in the bushes. Just cut out eye shapes in toilet paper rolls, insert glow sticks and place in your bushes. For more ideas, check out this list of 24 Surprisingly Easy Halloween Party DIYs.
Activities: A Halloween party wouldn’t be complete without some fun and games. For kids, try out any of these 30 DIY games, from pumpkin bowling to “pin the boo on the ghost.” Adults need to have a little fun, too. And, what better way to keep everyone in engaged than with a murder mystery game? Or, simply break out some Halloween movie trivia from this list of free trivia sites.
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern
- Living the Good Life at Rio Paseo in Goodyear
- In Your Neighborhood: Valentine’s Day Edition
- Living Like a Local at The Lakes at Annecy
- Live Like a Local in Chandler with Our Windermere Ranch New Home Advisors
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance