Hot Tips for Summer Home SellersPosted 06/22/2015
With the summer solstice occurring over the weekend, the calendar confirms what Arizonans have known for quite some time: summer, officially, is here.
Contrary to what one might think, home-shopping traffic doesn’t necessarily cool off as the weather heats up. According to real estate agents and online realty sites, such as Trulia, much of the “heat” in the market occurs between March and September, when many families are on the hunt to find a home and get moved in before their kids start school in August.
If you’re listing your home for sale this summer, here are four tips to help it stand out as one of the coolest on the block:
Spruce up the landscaping: A good first impression goes along way when trying to sell your home. The first thing people will see is your front yard, so it’s important to make sure it’s visually appealing. If you have grass, this means properly hydrating, mowing and fertilizing it before the summer heat arrives so it’s lush and healthy. Also, be sure to add flowers to your walkways and entryways. Just a little bit of color can make a big difference.
Highlight the pool: Nothing looks more refreshing than a sparkling pool in the heat of the summer. But be sure to keep it clean and free of debris for it to work in your favor. Also, stage a sitting area for relaxing by the pool. This will make it easy for people to imagine themselves enjoying their future backyard oasis.
Chill out: It’s summertime and it’s hot outside, so keep the air conditioning at a reasonable temperature. Make sure it’s cool enough inside to encourage people to linger, away from the heat, but warm enough that they won’t be searching for a jacket.
Eliminate clutter: Clear your tabletops and countertops of mail and other day-to-day items. Also, thin out your bookshelves by replacing the books with decorations like flowers or a vase. This will give your home a more spacious look. Additionally, it’s always a good idea to “depersonalize” your home by removing family photos and any polarizing decorative items.
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern
- Living the Good Life at Rio Paseo in Goodyear
- In Your Neighborhood: Valentine’s Day Edition
- Living Like a Local at The Lakes at Annecy
- Live Like a Local in Chandler with Our Windermere Ranch New Home Advisors
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance