How to Host a Neighborhood Progressive New Year’s Eve PartyPosted 12/11/2014
There’s no better way to ring in the New Year than with a big celebration surrounded by your neighbors, family and friends. For the host however, cleaning the house and cooking enough food to feed an army can be taxing! This year, why not ring in 2015 with a neighborhood, progressive New Year’s Eve party?
A neighborhood progressive party is a celebration that is held at several homes in succession, so that not one home has to shoulder the responsibility (and the cost) of a giant bash. Whether you’re new to the neighborhood and want to make some new friends, or part of a tight-knight community that you want to celebrate with, this is a great way to gather your neighbors and loved ones and have some fun!
Here are some tips for organizing a progressive party in your neighborhood:
- Touch base with neighbors to see who is in town and would like to participate. Creating a Facebook event could be a great way to organize details easily together.
- Ask for volunteers to host (3-6 stops seems to be the average number), or pair-up additional volunteer couples if they wish to help out.
- Each stop has a designated course: the first house includes appetizers and drinks and then guests will move onto the next stop which includes the first course, and so on, until dessert.
- Set a schedule and stick to it. Create invitations with the times and addresses for each stop. Depending on how many stops, set 30 minutes to an hour visit for each, and select an end destination to celebrate the countdown! Also this way, any friends who join the party later can still find you at your stop.
- Relax and enjoy!
Need any recipes or décor inspiration? Be sure to check out our holiday Pinterest board!
Season’s Greetings and Happy New Year from your friends at Maracay Homes.
- Canopy’s Essence Comes to Life with Sculptor Otto Rigan.
- Veterans Oasis Park, The Oasis in Your Backyard.
- Learn All About Arroyo Seco with Our New Home Advisor.
- Get To Know Your Neighbors.
- Get to Know Spur Cross with Our New Home Advisors.
- What to do with extra room.
- Preparing Your Springtime Garden.
- The Alta Model Has Arrived.
- How to Plan the Perfect Outdoor Dining Experience.
- Make Your Home More Merry.