In the Hood: May 2016Posted 04/29/2016
Summer is almost here and that means it’s time to get out and have some fun before the desert heat strikes. Luckily, there are a plethora of options for activities around our Maracay neighborhoods. From family-friendly events to adults-only wine festivals, there’s plenty of fun to be had by all. Here are a few of our favorites:
CinePark May Movie Series
Friday, May 6, May 13 & May 20 at 6 p.m.
The City of Chandler is inviting families to Tumbleweed Park for a free, three-week movie series. Take part in unique, thematic activities two hours before the featured film of the evening. Watch “Inside Out” on May 6, “Goosebumps” on May 13 and “Minions” on May 20.
Saturday, May 21 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Bring the kids to Westgate Entertainment District on Saturday, May 21, to soak up some fun with bubbles. The entertainment center’s first-ever Bubble Bash will feature interactive bubble discovery stations, chemistry experiments, bubble art, photo-ops, live entertainment, giveaways, contests and more.
National Free Comic Book Day
Saturday, May 7 at 10 a.m.
Comic book fans, rejoice. Downtown Mesa is hosting its very own extravaganza just for National Free Comic Book Day and yes, they are giving away free comics to anyone who visits participating vendors. Grab a map at Gotham City Comics beginning at 10 a.m. and follow the trail! The event will also feature comic book artist meet-and-greets, live music, cosplay contest and scavenger hunt.
Willcox Wine Country Spring Festival
Saturday, May 21 & Sunday, May 22 from 11:00 to 5:00 p.m.
It’s time for the adults’ day of fun, on Saturday, May 21 and Sunday, May 22 at Willcox Wine Country Spring Festival. Enjoy scrumptious food, visit artisan vendors, listen to live music and entertainment and take your pick of hundreds of wines, from at least nine Willcox-area wineries. To note, last year, 3,000 attended this festival. The cost of admission includes a souvenir tasting glass.
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern
- Living the Good Life at Rio Paseo in Goodyear
- In Your Neighborhood: Valentine’s Day Edition
- Living Like a Local at The Lakes at Annecy
- Live Like a Local in Chandler with Our Windermere Ranch New Home Advisors
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance