Homemade Mother’s Day GiftsPosted 05/09/2013
It’s that time of year again to honor the lady who has been by your side since day one. Mother’s Day is just a few days away – do you know how you are celebrating with the mothers in your life this year?
Jewelry and flowers may be the norm, but surprising mom with a homemade gift will show you went the extra mile. Here are a few ideas that you can make easily and affordably:
Flowers are always fun, but they do not have to be predictable. In lieu of pretty pink roses, try these paper hyacinths. They look almost like the real thing and are easily made with some tissue paper and water colors. For the mom who loves to swim, kiddos can make her a fun pool noodle bouquet, complete with leaves that show her most endearing qualities. For the moms who like something more artsy, this soda bottle bouquet is both modern and sculptural. To house those flowers, try upcycling wine bottles or paint cans with paint or decoupage paper to give a new, home-y look to a great new vase.
For the aspiring writers in the family, this Mother’s Day newspaper will let children express their love of mom in periodical-form. They can print out the template and then add their own art and words to make mom melt.
Moms who have passed down their crafty genes will be enjoy this handmade tea cup pin cushion for all of their sewing projects. All that’s needed is a small teacup and saucer, cotton fabric, stuffing and glue and thread to put it together. She is sure to be thankful for such a useful and cute gift.
Mom in need of a little pampering? Mix up a homemade sugar scrub! This sweet orange sugar scrub is perfect for those who love the smell of citrus blossoms in the Arizona spring. Or try a lemon zest scrub for a little zing. Homemade bath products are easy, inexpensive and more thoughtful than anything she’s ever purchased at a spa!
Whatever you make, however you celebrate, just be sure to make sure the mother in your life knows she is loved. After all, you wouldn’t be here without her! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern