Happy Earth Day from MaracayPosted 04/22/2013
Happy April 22, 2013, a.k.a. Earth Day! Today the world comes together to celebrate our beautiful environment and share ways in which we can keep it that way for generations to come. At Maracay Homes, sustainability is a top priority as we build our Arizona new homes to be ENERGY STAR certified, meaning more energy efficient operations to save owners money while conserving natural resources.
While simply living in a Maracay home means doing your part to help the planet, there are a few other ways to reduce your carbon footprint on Earth Day and beyond:
- Check the outside dryer exhaust vent periodically to make sure it closes tightly, preventing the exchange of indoor and outdoor air
- Line curtains and drapes with a white backing to help reflect the sun's rays
- Drain a quart of water from your hot water tank every 3 months to remove sediment that prevents heat transfer and lowers the unit's efficiency
- Use your garbage disposal less and a compost pile or garbage can more
- Irrigate in short increments, allowing water to soak into the soil to reduce run-off
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean paved areas
- Mulch your garden with lawn and hedge clippings or shredded newspapers
- Buy concentrated products which use less packaging
- Compress tins and plastic bottles to fit more recycled materials in the bin
For more great tips as well as information on the eco-friendly homes we offer, check out the LivingSmart® program page.
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring