Halloween SafetyPosted 10/31/2012
Tonight, all of the little ghouls, goblins and clowns in your neighborhood will be venturing out for Halloween trick-or-treating. Keeping the kiddos safe goes beyond checking candy – here are a important things to keep in mind as you venture out with your little ones tonight:
- Check The Label: If you’re opting for a store bought costume be sure to check that it’s made of flame retardant material. With Jack-o-lanterns and luminaries lining the streets, you’ll want to be doubly sure that no dangerous mishaps happen.
- Be Visible: Add a bit of reflective tape to your child’s costume or candy bag to ensure that they’re able to be seen by passing cars and kids alike.
- Fill Up First: Before your little ones start pounding the pavement, be sure they’ve had a well balanced dinner. The less hungry they are as they go door to door, the less tempted they’ll be to eat unchecked candy.
You can never be too safe when it comes to the well-being of your little ones, so here are a few more tips to make tonight a fun and worry-free holiday. Happy Halloween!
- Summer Essentials to Transform your Home into a Staycation
- The Importance of Owning a LEED® Certified Home
- Meticulously Modern Housing Trends Inspired by Avance
- Father’s Day Fun Around the Valley
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona