Halloween SafetyPosted 10/31/2012
Tonight, all of the little ghouls, goblins and clowns in your neighborhood will be venturing out for Halloween trick-or-treating. Keeping the kiddos safe goes beyond checking candy – here are a important things to keep in mind as you venture out with your little ones tonight:
- Check The Label: If you’re opting for a store bought costume be sure to check that it’s made of flame retardant material. With Jack-o-lanterns and luminaries lining the streets, you’ll want to be doubly sure that no dangerous mishaps happen.
- Be Visible: Add a bit of reflective tape to your child’s costume or candy bag to ensure that they’re able to be seen by passing cars and kids alike.
- Fill Up First: Before your little ones start pounding the pavement, be sure they’ve had a well balanced dinner. The less hungry they are as they go door to door, the less tempted they’ll be to eat unchecked candy.
You can never be too safe when it comes to the well-being of your little ones, so here are a few more tips to make tonight a fun and worry-free holiday. Happy Halloween!
- The Top 3 Reasons to Live in a Single-Story Home.
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.
- Gilbert Regional Park is Ready for Fun.
- Neighbors Became Friends at the Avance After Hours Celebration.
- 10 Spooky Things to Do in Gilbert.
- Welcome Home to Life on the Smart Side.
- Fall in Love with Arizona This Season.
- Fall Decorating with a Modern Twist.
- The Meadows: A Vibrant West Valley Community.
- Dig Into Fall with the Gilbert Farmers Market.