How To Throw A Halloween PartyPosted 10/24/2014
For many, October is the month of spooktacular Halloween fun. For some, it’s also the month of stressful Halloween party-planning. From sticky faux-spider webs to pumpkin carving faux-pas, Halloween entertaining can be overwhelming and messy. But it doesn’t have to be! With a few tips from Maracay Homes and a helpful DIY Pinterest board for reference, you can throw a boo-tiful party for all the little witches and devils in your life, without going batty (pun intended).
Whether you’re decorating for young kids or adults, it’s easy to get into the Halloween spirit without buying everything from the nearest party supply store. For a terror-ific outdoor idea, shape chicken wire into silhouettes and spray paint them with glow-in-the-dark paint. They will look like glowing ghosts in your yard when your guests arrive for the festivities. For much easier, DIY tabletop decorations, wrap mason jars with tissue paper or cheesecloth to create pumpkin and mummy luminaries.
Eat, Drink and be Scary
Keep the Halloween festiveness going with to-die-for cocktails like the Bloody Orange Cocktail or Mr. Hyde Potion. For the little ones, try this recipe for cemetery punch, it’s essentially a root beer float with vanilla and chocolate frozen yogurt and topped with gummy worms. Keep your punch cool and creepy with a floating ice hand in the punch bowl: just put water in a glove and freeze it beforehand!
Fun and Games
It’s not a Halloween party without a little wicked fun! Here are 15 classic Halloween games, from bobbing for apples to mummy wrap races for the kids. Also, try the popular food-feeling game and have guests guess what concoction is in a covered box or bag that represents a creepy item, like brains or eyeballs. Need more inspiration? Here are 44 more game ideas, and feel free to check out our Pinterest board for additional ideas.
- Move-In Ready Home of the Week- Marquis at Morrison Ranch
- Join us for the Grand Openings of The Vista at Granite Crossing and Rio Paseo
- Why You Should Get an Exclusive Tour of Villages at Rio Paseo
- Move-In Ready Home of the Week: Estates at The Meadows
- 3 Reasons to Live in a Green Home
- Move-In Ready Home of the Week – Victory at Verrado
- The Vista at Granite Crossing Construction Update
- In Your Neighborhood: January
- Move-In Ready Home of the Week: Santa Catalina
- The Vista at Granite Crossing – An Outdoor Lovers Paradise