Get Grilling for Fathers DayPosted 06/12/2014
There are a few places we know we can almost always find most fathers: under the car, in the yard and behind the grill. With Father’s Day fast approaching, why not take at least one of dad’s tasks off his plate and replaced it with a delicious home cooked meal. He shouldn’t have to lift a finger this Sunday, June 15, so fire up that GE Appliances Grill and try your hand at one of these delicious dinners especially for dad:
Yes, you can grill a piece of steak, fish or chicken and your father will be perfectly happy. But try mixing it up and making something a little more inventive this year. Grilled pizzas are a great way to get the whole family involved in creating their own combinations. Or try wrapping your dinner in aluminum foil before grilling. Creating a foil packet allows you to cook up everything from shellfish to taco burgers (yes, taco burgers) with ease.
Most meals include a great vegetable side dish, but there’s no need to confine them to the oven or stove. Try skewering up some summer corn and peppers for easy veggie kabobs. For something even more unique, try a grilled salad! Char up zucchinis and infuse them with Mediterranean flavors with olives and oregano.
Yes, you can even grill dessert! There a number of sweet treats you can whip up outdoors and this handy article has 17 grilled desserts to consider for this Sunday. A few of our favorites? Grilled banana boats are easy and fun for the kids while grilled pineapple with sorbet is a refreshing delight that’s perfect for those hot summer nights.
Whatever you whip up, the father in your life will sure appreciate the extra effort and the memories made over your delicious dinner. Happy Father’s Day!
Photo credit: chad.latta / Foter / Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)
- Move Now or Build To Suit? Which New Home Opportunity Is Right for You?
- Outdoor Living Designed to Match Your Personality.
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home?
- Personalizing Your New Home with Flex Spaces.
- Digital Home Shopping Tools.
- New Canopy Community Offers an Abundance of Outdoor Amenities.
- New vs. Resale. (Spoiler: It’s not even close)
- Canopy’s Essence Comes to Life with Sculptor Otto Rigan.
- Veterans Oasis Park, The Oasis in Your Backyard.
- Learn All About Arroyo Seco with Our New Home Advisor.