Family Fun for the FourthPosted 07/01/2013
Fourth of July is the peak of summer and with school out, the perfect holiday to celebrate with the family. Before heading out to see fireworks light up the sky, throw a party full of family-friendly fun complete with costumes, crafts and food.
Throw a patriotic party and have kids dress up as their favorite president or U.S. symbol, like the Statue of Liberty or Uncle Sam. The kiddos can help decorate by sticking small American flags in the grass and tossing streamers.
Food is easy enough to plan. Go all-American with hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill, paired with a chilled glass of lemonade. Feature a hot dog bar with different toppings such as relish, different types of mustard and ketchup, chili and veggies. For dessert, show your love for the U.S.A. with a cake that bursts with red, white and blue on the inside. The simple white cake with cream cheese frosting makes for an easy baking project for the family as kids enjoy watching the mix transform with the addition of food coloring.
If you’re out of reach of fireworks this year, help the kiddos bring the sparkle inside. Use pipe cleaners and star garland for DIY handheld sparklers. If the family does go to a local celebration, travel in style. Let children decorate their bikes with ribbon, stars, bells, pipe cleaners and garlands for a star-spangled ride.
Whether you are going out to one of the Valley’s Fourth of July events or staying in and enjoying family time at home, we hope you have a wonderful time celebrating Independence Day.
- The Alta Model Has Arrived.
- How to Plan the Perfect Outdoor Dining Experience.
- Make Your Home More Merry.
- HomeSmart for the Holidays.
- Warm and Cozy: 4 Ways to Turn Your Space into a Winter Retreat.
- Explore Your Artistic Side in Gilbert.
- Maracay Helps School District Secure Land for New School.
- The Top 3 Reasons to Live in a Single-Story Home.
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.
- Gilbert Regional Park is Ready for Fun.