Family Festivities for New Year’s EvePosted 12/16/2013
It’s hard to believe that 2013 is coming to a close and yet another New Year is on the horizon. As the hectic holidays come and go, creating the perfect New Year’s Eve celebration in the very short window may seem all too overwhelming. But worry not, party planners. We have a few easy tips for hosting great family-friendly festivities right at home.
New Year’s Eve is all about glitz and glitter. Add some pop to your décor with fun and functional centerpieces: Arrange some colorful noisemakers on a pedestal for a festive display throughout the night and comes alive come midnight. If you want to up the noise level and entertain the kiddos, lay bubble wrap on the floor for stomping on. You can also help decorate your guests by outfitting them with fun DIY party hats. All you need is some heavy paper, scissors, ribbon, hole punch and stapler for the easy, kid-friendly craft project.
Make this party easy for both you and guests. Display noshes in non-traditional containers such as vases to add some extra decoration while holding finger food such as parmesan straws. Accompany the vases with an interactive baked potato bar with a variety of toppings like cheese, black beans, salmon and pepperoni. It’s an easy option for hosts to set up and customizable to the tastes of all guests.
Many people look forward to reading their horoscope for the upcoming year. You can create your own horoscopes for guests by making surprise-ball fortunes. Wrap foam balls with yards of crepe paper and slip in slips of paper with fortunes in the layers. After, you can reminisce about 2013 with these printables that take a look at the past year’s best memories.
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.
- Gilbert Regional Park is Ready for Fun.
- Neighbors Became Friends at the Avance After Hours Celebration.
- 10 Spooky Things to Do in Gilbert.
- Welcome Home to Life on the Smart Side.
- Fall in Love with Arizona This Season.
- Fall Decorating with a Modern Twist.
- The Meadows: A Vibrant West Valley Community.
- Dig Into Fall with the Gilbert Farmers Market.
- The Advantages of Model Home Living.