Fall Decorating TipsPosted 09/12/2017
The temperature is slowly dropping. Farmers markets and outdoor festivals fill the community. And, pumpkin spice lattes are back. That means fall is almost upon us! The official first day of fall is Friday, September 22. With some of the festive decorations below, you can turn your home into an autumn oasis. Plus, once you’ve finished decorating, you deserve to light a pumpkin spice candle, then snuggle under a comfy throw with a good book and a mug of apple cider.
Leaves may not be falling off the trees yet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t pay homage to the traditional sign of fall. Beautify the entrance to your home with a front-door wreath. Either try your hand at crafting your own, or fake it with a convincing store-bought version.
It doesn’t matter if you have a real fireplace in your home or not; decorate your interior with firewood, anyway. Organic logs add coziness to any interior space and will bring a earthy new texture into your home.
Pumpkins are the most versatile decorations of the fall season. Throw a lace doily over the stem, turn it into a vase for fall foliage, and then carve it into a Jack O’ Lantern for Halloween. Neutral color pumpkins are also becoming increasingly popular and can make the perfect canvas for family crafting activities.
Embrace a variety of fall colors throughout your home, with traditional colors such as burnt oranges or rich reds, or lighter colors such as lime green or deep blues. Look for throws and pillows that fit the palette. Mix and match different colors and patterns for a fun and festive home. Enjoy the autumn spirit before it’s winter’s turn.
Need more fall decorating ideas? Take a look at our “Fall Decorations and Recipes” Pinterest board for more inspiration!
- Summer Essentials to Transform your Home into a Staycation
- The Importance of Owning a LEED® Certified Home
- Meticulously Modern Housing Trends Inspired by Avance
- Father’s Day Fun Around the Valley
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona