Dress Up Your Home for the HolidaysPosted 12/11/2015
‘Tis the season for tinsel, twinkling lights and mistletoe. That’s right, the holidays are here and it’s time to deck the halls, walls and the rest of your home with festive décor and trimmings.
This year, why not try to mix up the decorations with these unique, but simple ideas.
Your favorite sparkly and commemorative ornaments can garnish more than just your tree. Show them off in any room of the house by placing them in bowls, on cake stands or trays on any tabletop. Add personal touches to overhead décor by stringing up your baubles and hanging them from the ceiling like a chandelier or making a “curtain” of ornaments using ribbon.
Spruce up your spruce with a little extra zing this year. Add citrus fruits, pine cones or even a little white paint to give your wreath a snowy look – a nice wintery touch even in the Arizona desert. Need more inspiration? Real Simple Magazine suggests adorning a simple twig wreath with hand-written notes from visitors or wrapping string lights around a wire wreath frame for electrifying wall décor.
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless
- The Holiday Season’s Most Exciting Events in Phoenix
- Best Hiking in Your Backyard
- The Perfect Gift for Every Adventurer on Your List
- Light up the Night this Holiday Season
- A Backyard Like No Other: South Mountain Preserve
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home