DIY: Haunting HalloweenPosted 10/20/2012
While it’s spooky to think that Halloween is almost here again the haunting holiday is fast approaching giving homeowners the perfect excuse to have a little fun. Since the Pinterest phenomena has swept the nation, Halloween decorating no longer has to mean plastic pumpkins and dusty cobwebs. These days, it’s all about some creative imagination for DIY decor and it can be easier than you’d think. Here are some of our festive favorites:
Line these plywood tombstones up on your lawn or on your dining table for a cemetery-like presence at your home. It just takes some super glue for the plywood and spray painting the finished projects in a gloomy gray. For extra authenticity decorate with painted flower appliques that look like old cement. Come up with some funny or historic names to add to the tombstones and it will be guaranteed that no one else will have these decorations.
Having a Halloween party? Give your guests plenty of space for their drinks and plates with these coffin tables. The best part of these tables is how easy they are to make. Just cut out the template to the length you need, paint it black and place over your table. Your room will give guests the chills with almost no effort at all.
Creep out the trick-or-treaters with these curtains that make your house seem infested with ghosts. Martha Stewart has made it easy once again and provided a template for you to create the ghastly ghost. Using sheets, just cut the shapes and secure to windows and light up the background for some fun from the other side (both figuratively and literally).
Love to DIY all year-round? Check out our DIY Decorating Pinterest board for some awesome inspiration.
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless
- The Holiday Season’s Most Exciting Events in Phoenix
- Best Hiking in Your Backyard
- The Perfect Gift for Every Adventurer on Your List
- Light up the Night this Holiday Season
- A Backyard Like No Other: South Mountain Preserve
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home
- South Phoenix: The Next Big Thing