Deck the Halls with Fresh DecorPosted 12/04/2013
‘Tis the season for homes adorned with everything from twinkling lights and festive fir trees. But don’t be afraid to bend tradition just a bit when it comes to your holiday decorating. Here are a few fun ways to let your personality as you deck the halls this year:
Sure the exterior is rarely forgotten when it comes to wreaths and lights, but what about the backyard? Make the most of your Arizona pool area. Adorn furniture with outdoor garland, hang ornaments from trees and add seasonally inspired pillows and a fire pit for the perfect spot to entertain on those crisp winter nights.
Mason jars were the hit crafting accessory in 2013 and before they are replaced with who knows what next year, gather up all of your unused jars to create dreamy DIY snow globes. All you need is a jar, waterproof super glue, glycerin and a few miniature Christmas figurines. Combine to make a magical scene great for some fun retro décor or a toy for the kiddos to enjoy.
For those who tire of the traditional red and green, winter white is an easy and elegant way to decorate. White Christmas trees were trendy in the ‘70s, but give them a modern look with silver and pearl ornaments, or embellish with paper ornaments. You can create a very rustic chic Christmas scape using neutral tones of gray, tan and silver with fabrics and textures such as wood, burlap and wheat stalks.
Bring the outdoors in with the use of some natural elements for this year’s holiday scene. Fruit centerpieces are sure to brighten any dining room. Flowers like dusty miller, silver brunia, white ranunculus, star of Bethlehem, and Sahara roses are the perfect flora to display around the house because of their light, wintery colors. Weave with some eucalyptus to make a fragrant winter garland.
For more ideas, check out our board on Pinterest.
- The Alta Model Has Arrived.
- How to Plan the Perfect Outdoor Dining Experience.
- Make Your Home More Merry.
- HomeSmart for the Holidays.
- Warm and Cozy: 4 Ways to Turn Your Space into a Winter Retreat.
- Explore Your Artistic Side in Gilbert.
- Maracay Helps School District Secure Land for New School.
- The Top 3 Reasons to Live in a Single-Story Home.
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.
- Gilbert Regional Park is Ready for Fun.