Deck the Halls with Fresh DecorPosted 12/04/2013
‘Tis the season for homes adorned with everything from twinkling lights and festive fir trees. But don’t be afraid to bend tradition just a bit when it comes to your holiday decorating. Here are a few fun ways to let your personality as you deck the halls this year:
Sure the exterior is rarely forgotten when it comes to wreaths and lights, but what about the backyard? Make the most of your Arizona pool area. Adorn furniture with outdoor garland, hang ornaments from trees and add seasonally inspired pillows and a fire pit for the perfect spot to entertain on those crisp winter nights.
Mason jars were the hit crafting accessory in 2013 and before they are replaced with who knows what next year, gather up all of your unused jars to create dreamy DIY snow globes. All you need is a jar, waterproof super glue, glycerin and a few miniature Christmas figurines. Combine to make a magical scene great for some fun retro décor or a toy for the kiddos to enjoy.
For those who tire of the traditional red and green, winter white is an easy and elegant way to decorate. White Christmas trees were trendy in the ‘70s, but give them a modern look with silver and pearl ornaments, or embellish with paper ornaments. You can create a very rustic chic Christmas scape using neutral tones of gray, tan and silver with fabrics and textures such as wood, burlap and wheat stalks.
Bring the outdoors in with the use of some natural elements for this year’s holiday scene. Fruit centerpieces are sure to brighten any dining room. Flowers like dusty miller, silver brunia, white ranunculus, star of Bethlehem, and Sahara roses are the perfect flora to display around the house because of their light, wintery colors. Weave with some eucalyptus to make a fragrant winter garland.
For more ideas, check out our board on Pinterest.
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless
- The Holiday Season’s Most Exciting Events in Phoenix
- Best Hiking in Your Backyard
- The Perfect Gift for Every Adventurer on Your List
- Light up the Night this Holiday Season
- A Backyard Like No Other: South Mountain Preserve
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home