Creepy Crafts for HalloweenPosted 10/02/2013
The fall and winter seasons means the holidays are on the horizon and, as is tradition, so is decorating your home. Whether for Halloween, Christmas or the time in between, holiday home decor is best when done DIY style, as you infuse your own personality into more-affordable pieces.
To kick off the crafting season, we've gathered some Halloween ideas from the always-handy site, Pinterest. Whether you are looking for something ornate or simple, something scary or cute, there is a project for you.
No one ever said pumpkins and ghosts can’t look classy and stylish. For a super easy project, paint pumpkins and gourds in metallic colors for a gilded look. Pile the shiny pumpkins for an elegant entry way. Take those same gold pumpkins and put them on pedestals to be used as centerpieces. If you are having a Halloween dinner party, light up the place with some bloodied (a.k.a red) plastic wine glasses, used as candle holders.
If you want your home to have the feeling of a haunted house, use bones and silhouettes to terrify visitors. This skeleton wreath can be the first thing company sees before they enter only to find more body parts carefully placed about. Use silhouettes to create creepy capers and butchering tools to haunt passersby’s on Halloween night.
If you don’t want to scare away the trick-or-treaters, put up some endearing decorations. These unassuming ghosts are a DIY-version of a costly group of ghouls from a designer store. You can also make your create a friendly mummy to welcome guests through the front door.
Check out instructions for these alongside a few of our other seasonal boards on our Pinterest page. We’ve pinned about warm recipes for chilly weather and perfect autumn recipes to get you even more ready for fall.
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless
- The Holiday Season’s Most Exciting Events in Phoenix
- Best Hiking in Your Backyard
- The Perfect Gift for Every Adventurer on Your List
- Light up the Night this Holiday Season
- A Backyard Like No Other: South Mountain Preserve
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home
- South Phoenix: The Next Big Thing