Cool Kids RoomsPosted 01/10/2014
A child’s imagination is a beautiful thing so creating an environment to let it truly flourish is an important consideration for any new family home. A dash of color and creativity can go a long way in creating a captivating space for your little guy or gal. Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
Encourage their dreams. Inspire your children to follow their goals through fun décor that they will love. Is your child an aspiring race car driver? Hang hubcaps in a design on the wall or bring pops of color in with vintage road signs. Raising a little rockstar? Add some marquee-style lights to electrify their space. For aspiring zookeepers, add stuffed animals and plants for a jungle-feel. Extra bonus: you can teach kids responsibility on keeping the plant alive!
Promote active living. Speaking of the jungle, jungle gyms are the perfect addition to a little monkey’s room. Indoor jungle gyms don’t have to be unsightly plastic monstrosities, but can blend in with the surroundings. Hang hand loops and ladders so can kids can swing and climb without even heading to the backyard. And it doesn’t take as much room as you think. Many of the indoor playground apparatuses can be added to one wall. Another way to get kids moving is to design their room after their favorite activity. If your child plays quarterback on their school team, bring the field indoors with a football rug and memorabilia. Create an underwater scene and include pool toys for the family swimmer.
Add some fun into functional pieces. Useful household items don’t have to be bland. For example, these balloon lights will make the dark seem a little less scary and a mattress stack will be the perfect seating area for the princess and the pea in your family. Go bold with their books by choosing irregular shapes like zig-zagging or spiraling bookshelves. For your little movie buffs, make viewing experiences more vivid by opting for a projector screen in lieu of a traditional TV.
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern