Cooking with the Flavors of FallPosted 11/14/2013
The weather is perfect, pumpkin spice lattes are back and countdown to Thanksgiving has officially begun! In two weeks, families and friends will gather in homes across the country to celebrate the things that they are most thankful for over some of the season’s most anticipated feast. Whether you are hosting the big Turkey Day dinner or attending one elsewhere – or if you’re simply looking for an excuse to spend some time in your beautiful kitchen – there are a few undeniably delicious flavors of fall you’ll want to try:
Sweeten it, sip it, smell it – however you slice it, pumpkin is the uncontested champion of fall flavors. For a unique savory take, fire up the slow cooker for pumpkin maple pulled pork sandwiches or try chicken, mushroom pumpkin stew for layers of flavor. Have a sweet tooth? The possibilities are endless but pumpkin pie crumb bars and pumpkin caramel stuffed cookies are on the top of our list for ease and awesomeness.
This beautifully fragrant herb lends itself perfectly to fall dishes from appetizer to dessert, and even the cocktails in between. Reimagine your rosemary this year: start the meal off with ooey gooey baked rosemary cheese, end it with rosemary rice crispy bars and wash it all down with a rosemary pear refresher.
Sweet and tart, in fruit form or that iconic, identified jelly, cranberry is a Thanksgiving staple. A few fun ways to work it into this year's feast: a colorful beet, carrot and cranberry salad to start or a cranberry apple sauce for a gourmet twist on the classic side. Have leftovers? Use your extra bird for a cranberry turkey panini, the perfect day-after treat.
Whatever your flavor of choice may be, get in the kitchen, fire up that GE oven and get to cooking. Your handcrafted dishes will really bring the whole family together. Enjoy!
- The Top 3 Reasons to Live in a Single-Story Home.
- Ceilings with Charisma: 4 Design Trends to Elevate Your Space to New Heights.
- Gilbert Regional Park is Ready for Fun.
- Neighbors Became Friends at the Avance After Hours Celebration.
- 10 Spooky Things to Do in Gilbert.
- Welcome Home to Life on the Smart Side.
- Fall in Love with Arizona This Season.
- Fall Decorating with a Modern Twist.
- The Meadows: A Vibrant West Valley Community.
- Dig Into Fall with the Gilbert Farmers Market.