Cooking with the Flavors of FallPosted 11/14/2013
The weather is perfect, pumpkin spice lattes are back and countdown to Thanksgiving has officially begun! In two weeks, families and friends will gather in homes across the country to celebrate the things that they are most thankful for over some of the season’s most anticipated feast. Whether you are hosting the big Turkey Day dinner or attending one elsewhere – or if you’re simply looking for an excuse to spend some time in your beautiful kitchen – there are a few undeniably delicious flavors of fall you’ll want to try:
Sweeten it, sip it, smell it – however you slice it, pumpkin is the uncontested champion of fall flavors. For a unique savory take, fire up the slow cooker for pumpkin maple pulled pork sandwiches or try chicken, mushroom pumpkin stew for layers of flavor. Have a sweet tooth? The possibilities are endless but pumpkin pie crumb bars and pumpkin caramel stuffed cookies are on the top of our list for ease and awesomeness.
This beautifully fragrant herb lends itself perfectly to fall dishes from appetizer to dessert, and even the cocktails in between. Reimagine your rosemary this year: start the meal off with ooey gooey baked rosemary cheese, end it with rosemary rice crispy bars and wash it all down with a rosemary pear refresher.
Sweet and tart, in fruit form or that iconic, identified jelly, cranberry is a Thanksgiving staple. A few fun ways to work it into this year's feast: a colorful beet, carrot and cranberry salad to start or a cranberry apple sauce for a gourmet twist on the classic side. Have leftovers? Use your extra bird for a cranberry turkey panini, the perfect day-after treat.
Whatever your flavor of choice may be, get in the kitchen, fire up that GE oven and get to cooking. Your handcrafted dishes will really bring the whole family together. Enjoy!
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring